Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This

Went to this.

The Tango Down Vickers Extended Mag Release.

Here's the profile on the stock Gen 4 release

Compared to the Vickers

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
XXL Meathook friendly still. I prefer a right hand release even though I shoot left.

Here's a better close up

I'm quite happy for less than 20 bucks shipped and it taking longer to upload pics than install the part.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Cool. :)

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like it. The 20 shall get one too.

Sights and trigger work left and I'll probably leave the 19 alone after that.

Anybody recommend a rear sight tool for Glocks?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I'm pretty fond of the BFH method. ;) Seriously, who cares about the stock rear sight. Let it have it! As for your new rear, if you're going with a night sight I'd suggest you use a sight pusher. Ask 1LowLife what he's got.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I've got the same mag release on both my Gen 4's, they rock .

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I like it. I need to order a grip force for my early Gen 4 G19, it looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's ugly but comfortable and fills the hump in some.

I do believe I'm gonna get around to undercutting the trigger guard too. That'll be a butt puckerer.

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
I do believe I'm gonna get around to undercutting the trigger guard too. That'll be a butt puckerer.

I've done some on my XD... If the polymer Glock frame is anything like the XD polymer, it takes a lot to take anything off. I used a round file, not a Dremel.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I'm normally not one for Glock advice, but I bought the XS sights for my G30 and it comes with everything you need to make the swap. Plastic pusher and tool for the front sight, took all of 5 minutes.

I've had really good luck with XS sights. I use the big dot on my SP101 and the express standard size on the Glock.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What's the pusher look like?

I might buy a well regarded universal. I can probably find ways to make different blocks for one as long as the frame on it is sturdy. I'll mostly fiddle with 1911s and Glocks. Maybe. Probably not though because I want all the guns.

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Good for you!

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I'm normally not one for Glock advice, but I bought the XS sights for my G30 and it comes with everything you need to make the swap. Plastic pusher and tool for the front sight, took all of 5 minutes.

I've had really good luck with XS sights. I use the big dot on my SP101 and the express standard size on the Glock.

That's good to know! I thought about getting a ebay $50 special, still haven't taken the chance.

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
What's the pusher look like?

I might buy a well regarded universal. I can probably find ways to make different blocks for one as long as the frame on it is sturdy. I'll mostly fiddle with 1911s and Glocks. Maybe. Probably not though because I want all the guns.
The one that comes with XS is a plastic punch and tool for the front sight.
Sights are easy to change on the Glock.

I plan on buying one of these for my other pistols

Sight Pusher for XD, XD(M) & XD Slim - Tools & Maintenance items | PISTOLGEAR

Fisher Solutions - Home - El Cajon, CA

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Like Evil posted, it's a plastic punch but it works fine. I've run a few hundred rounds through the G30 since I've put the sights on without any issue, they're easy to pick up and really nice.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
This

Went to this.

The Tango Down Vickers Extended Mag Release.

Here's the profile on the stock Gen 4 release

Compared to the Vickers

I like that a lot. Im also curious about that beavertail grip you have on it. Would you recommend it? What advantage does it offer?

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a grip force adapter. My 19 didn't come with the beavertail backstrap so I got it to keep my hand from being eaten by the slide. It fills out the Glock hump some. I actually prefer it to the factory beavertail so my 20 that came with them also wears the gripforce.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts