Springfield XD Forum banner

How would you classify the XD USA action?

• Single Action

• Double Action

• {picking this choice means your cursing at me under your breath and leaving the thread mad}

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had a few discussion on the operation of XA USA action. So I decided to make a poll out of it. You only get two choices Single Action or Double Action. The action always functions the same so it can't be a SA/DA and this is just a goofy poll so you will have to live with picking either Single Action (hint hint the correct answer) or double action (are you sure you want to pick that?).

Enjoy
mcb

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Of the two choices, single action.

The striker (equivalent to a hammer) must be cocked to fire it.

Pulling the trigger does not "cock" the striker.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[TASF said:
Overkill]Of the two choices, single action.

The striker (equivalent to a hammer) must be cocked to fire it.

Pulling the trigger does not "cock" the striker.
+1

My thoughts exactly [TASF]Overkill

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
For the purpose of USPSA and IDPA and IPSC....Its double action. 8)

In reality its a single action mechanism.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
http://www.saami.org/glossary.html said:
ACTION

The combined parts of a firearm that determine how a firearm is loaded, discharged and unloaded. Most handguns are referred to as "single-action" or "double-action." A single-action firearm requires the user to manually pull back the hammer before the firearm can be discharged (like the old western revolvers). A double-action firearm allows the user to either manually cock the hammer or simply pull the trigger and allow the firearm to cock and release the hammer on its own.

ACTION, SEMI-AUTOMATIC

A firearm in which each pull of the trigger results in a complete firing cycle, from discharge through reloading. It is necessary that the trigger be released and pulled for each cycle. These firearms are also called "autoloaders" or "self-loaders." The discharge and chambering of a round is either blowback operated, recoil operated, or gas operated. Note: An automatic action firearm loads, discharges, and reloads as long as ammunition is available and the trigger is depressed. A semi-automatic firearm only discharges one cartridge with each squeeze of the trigger.
http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/xddasa.htm

Given the choices in the poll, I pick {picking this choice means your cursing at me under your breath and leaving the thread mad}

·
Registered
802 Posts
single action, anyone else who thinks otherwise, needs to take apart the XD and put it back together again.

And repeat this 3 more times. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JesterXD40 said:
mullanman said:
For the purpose of USPSA and IDPA and IPSC....Its double action. 8)

In reality its a single action mechanism.
IDPA classifies it as SAO that's why your in ESP, not SSP
It pretty funny the IDPA classifies it as SAO and thus puts it in ESP yet USPSA rules allows the XD in the Production class that explicitly does not allow SAO gun in that division.

Damn USA action has everyone confused, a SAO that disguises itself as a DAO.

mcb

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The only difference between the Glock trigger and the XD is 0.0020"

that's how far the glock trigger movers the stiker back....go figure.

·
Registered
314 Posts
BATF classifies the XD as "single action" Gluck as a "double action" and there is a third classification which is neigther, that is "biomechanical" I vote single.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
R/T Performance said:
Sorry MCB I had to pick option three.I really like shooting my XD's in production and if it got out.I would have to shoot L10 :lol:
I like to tinker to much and moved up to L10 after my third match.

Slowburn what is Gluck?

What is the definition of "Biomechanical" with respect to firearms? I have a PhD in mechnical engineering specializing in Bio-robotics and see no real conection between modern firearms and biology but it will depend on how they define biomechanical.

mcb

·
Registered
314 Posts
mcb said:
R/T Performance said:
Sorry MCB I had to pick option three.I really like shooting my XD's in production and if it got out.I would have to shoot L10 :lol:
I like to tinker to much and moved up to L10 after my third match.

Slowburn what is Gluck?

What is the definition of "Biomechanical" with respect to firearms? I have a PhD in mechnical engineering specializing in Bio-robotics and see no real conection between modern firearms and biology but it will depend on how they define biomechanical.

mcb
Glock...too fast on the keys...O.K. I called SA and biomechanical is one of the terms given to me..basically when a person pulls the trigger other actions take place at the same time i.e. disactivating safeties, cycling for the next shot. I did not ask for any more info especially after I was told "you could call it 1/2 dbl action or 1-1/2 sngl action".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts