Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a solid week, the postal service delivered my payment from Louisiana to south Florida...My first 1911 will be mailed out tomorrow...

Anyone know what kind of shipping is most likely to be used to my FFL? Not sure if it has to be overnighted or not...all I can say is my only day off for the next week and a half is Thursday. Lord I hope it arrives by then, I am positively ITCHING to run some fatboy slugs through it!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
You will love it.

I have been rocking a TLE II for the better part of 3 years and it is accurate as can be and totally reliable.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I think FFL to FFL can use USPS, probably priority mail.
I bought a gun from a guy in Oregon, he priority mailed it to my FFL in Texas.

Post your pics when it arrives.
I owned a Kimber for about a year and never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
642 Posts
ya FFL to FFL can ship through post office so takes an extra day or so but way cheaper. UPS overnight is a killer

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, it was sent out this morning via usps. It is like christmas morning!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh my GOD! So I called my FFL to check on whether or not the Kimber had arrived...and it has!

....HOWEVER, the dude who sent it just put it in the damn mail, with a note saying "For Nathan, From Matt".

The FFL guys were NOT pleased with him. Now I gotta wait til he sends them a copy of his drivers license. Seems he thought a handwritten note, and regular postage was sufficent.

"And let him know it is illegal to send firearms through the mail regular post"

good lord, I'm gonna lose my mind...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Oh my GOD! So I called my FFL to check on whether or not the Kimber had arrived...and it has!

....HOWEVER, the dude who sent it just put it in the damn mail, with a note saying "For Nathan, From Matt".

The FFL guys were NOT pleased with him. Now I gotta wait til he sends them a copy of his drivers license. Seems he thought a handwritten note, and regular postage was sufficent.

"And let him know it is illegal to send firearms through the mail regular post"

good lord, I'm gonna lose my mind...
Wow he would have been in alot of trouble if they found out :shock:. I hope everything works out dude, I'm impatiently waiting for tomorrow to pick up my Beretta Elite IA......

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, all is done for today that can be done. I went by the FFL, to check it out and make sure they got his license. They received a box with the pistol, case and such, and this:

That is ALL that was in the box. That is my proof of sale, and receipt. Then he couldn't send his ID in, after he could, he sent it to the wrong e-mail.

Once they had his ID, it was a cellphone pic that was so blurry his info couldn't be discerned. Figured all that out finally...

And my NICS had a delay put on it. I knew I shouldn't have changed my middle name. C'est la vie.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
That is messed up.
I've sold a few firearms out of state.

I sold a Sig P229 to a guy out of state.
I had copies of FFLs, my DL, and a Bill of Sale that I wrote up.
The buyer sent me a signed copy of the BOS after he received it.
I always phone the reciving FFL and ask exactly what they need from me, since different states (or FFLs for that matter ) vary.

Some people just don't get it I guess.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts