Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my snap slide for about a month or so. Worn everyday and I have put saddle soap on it more times than I can count. Anybody got suggestions on how to get it to stop?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I used to think I had an issue with my CBST squeaking and tried all kinds of
tricks to stop it too. Turned out it was actually my BELT squeaking due to the
weight of the gun. Try taking a look at your belt and see if that helps.

EDIT: the belt was only a small part of the problem. Putting something behind the clips on my CBST completly eliminated the squeak.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I have a snapslide and no problems here.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I stopped the incessant squeaking on my Supertuck by putting some felt pads on the backside of the clips. This way the metal doesn't contact the leather and squeak.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Mine squeaks on my Wilderness Tactical belt; no leather? Would be nice if it wouldn't make so much noise. Probably wind up being a winter IDPA holster.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Read my post. It works.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I stopped the incessant squeaking on my Supertuck by putting some felt pads on the backside of the clips. This way the metal doesn't contact the leather and squeak.
+1, i recently remolded my cbst to fit another gun and in the process knocked one of the tabs off. I didnt think it would matter anymore as i had worn it about six months. Wrong! found some of the felt tabs and put it on, no more squeaking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts