Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seemed like forever. But it's finally here. In about two and a half weeks. Can't wait to get home and put it to the test.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Took me 6 weeks to get mine and I love it!!!! I think I like it better than my supertuck!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Took me 6 weeks to get mine and I love it!!!! I think I like it better than my supertuck!
That's a BIG claim. Consider me interested. Can you offer more details?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
mbquimby said:
That's a BIG claim. Consider me interested. Can you offer more details?
Its kind of late and im tired but if you will give me till tomorrow morning I'll post my thoughts and throw in some pics.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
The snapslide rides very close to the body and it offers excellent concealment for a OWB holster. I can walk around with a T-shirt and be just fine. No one can tell the difference. Another plus to the snapslide is I can wear more clothing. When using an IWB holster you have to have your pants size bigger to allow for room for the holster. I only have a few pants that I can wear with my supertuck. The snapslide gives me the option so I don't need to get a whole new wardrobe I can wear what I want. I have posted some pics so you can see how close it rides to the body. I am using my XD40sc in the pic. I have yet to find another OWB that conceal this good for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. So here's my review. Overall a great product. Price is affordable and fits the quality of the product. I got the horsehide due to living in Tennessee where it can get really hot, and it has this summer. Very comfortable. I wear it at about 800 and most of the time forget it's there. The concealment is great. I wear button up shirts to conceal because all my t shirts are small. I like my t shirts to be tighter so I switched to button ups. The holster hugs the gun very close to your body and makes it feel like it's almost a part of you. It comes with a pretty standard cant on it, just a little forward. Maybe like 25 or 30 degrees. Works perfect for me. Retention is a little loose when not on body but once on person, and secured properly with a good belt the retention is great. The only downside was that it squeaked when I first got it. There are a couple ways to remedy this. One being just wear it as much as you can to break the leather in. Another being saddle soap or a leather conditioner of some sort. I bought Justin saddle soap and it worked great. I have also heard of people using baby powder. In conclusion, I love this holster and would highly recommend it to people who prefer OWB Holsters. Let me know what you guys think of the review, it's my first full gun product review. And good luck holster shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts