Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between say the AZ zoom snap caps that are around $9 for 2 of them and say the blanks you can get from Wideners for about $6 for 20? I would be using them from dry firing, cycling, clearing. I have a couple snap caps but i just seen these and the cost difference. By the way it is for the 5.56/.223. TIA

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
:!::!:DO NOT GET BLANKS!!! REPEAT...DO NOT GET BLANKS.:!::!:

Blanks are live rounds minus the projectile. They will fire when you pull the trigger on one. They are NOT intended to replace A-Zoom or other types of snap-caps for dry firing, cycling drills, reload drills, etc. While they may not have a projectile, they will cause damage (up to and including death) to anything that they are pointed at inside of short ranges and should be treated just as you would treat any live ammo!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i like the disclaimer :) i got to thinking about it and kinda figured that is that the difference was. So how does that work on the blanks.. it still has the powder so it will cycle and function like normal? Just not bullet of course. Also, is there anywhere or another brand of snap caps that are cheaper? those little suckers are expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts