Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just finished wet sanding the trigger bar and striker. Pull is WAY smoother. Give it a try!

Dave
You should've put some time on the mag catch while you were in there. I did and it made a world of difference in expecting the magazine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did just the trigger bar on my XDs 9 and it made a big difference. I will go back in and do a complete "fluff & buff" when my time and ambition level are up.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Y'all got more nerve than me when it comes to guns. What is wet sanding? How hard is it to get the trigger bar off and back on?

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's really easy to take apart post recall guns are a bit harder to put back together the right way due to the grip safety spring.
I sanded pretty much everything that touches anything all the way up to 2000 grit then hit it with some flitz and a polishing wheel. It came out so smooth it feels like it's wet.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Part of the trigger bar is accessible, so can I just sand and flitz that part without removing and improve the smoothness?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wet sanding uses special sand paper that is made to be used with a liquid lubricant....water, oil, etc. Take down is easy. Go to the tacti-cool.com for a video. Reassembly is easy once you learn where the grip safety bar has to go. I found a good picture on the PRP spring kit site.

For the striker, I used a very high grit so as to only polish. The trigger bar has to be removed to polish the side that is up against the frame.

The effect was good enough that I plan to take it down again and polish everything.

Dave

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
James did a light polish job on mine and man is it smoothe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts