Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased a new bodyguard in 38 spc and would like to know if anyone has a clue where i can find a night sight for the front blade? or how to modify the ramp and install a dot of somekind i hate the ramp and cant see it. (yes it has a laser but no i do not ever RELY on it. my sights come first). also would like to know if anyone has ever been able to add different grips to them? like a hogue?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have one, front sight is pinned. I suspect that the front site is the same as the j frames but haven't really looked in to it. if it is the same it would be the only thing it has in common with the j frames. haven't seen replacement grips yet, that also is held in with a roll pin. I still haven't gotten over the fact that it indexes like a colt and the rather novel way it rotates the cylinder, just seems odd not see the hand too.

shot any + p yet? they have a bit bark to them.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I'm kind of confused by the concept. Is it smaller than a J frame, and if so, how much smaller? I don't see why you would change the underlying function of the gun unless it was to save a good deal of size and weight.

For that matter, what is this offering that the J frame that came from factory with CT grips doesn't? :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
havent fired it yet but i suspect that light gun with +p will bark, i have it loaded with 130g PDX1 plus p...

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm kind of confused by the concept. Is it smaller than a J frame, and if so, how much smaller? I don't see why you would change the underlying function of the gun unless it was to save a good deal of size and weight.

For that matter, what is this offering that the J frame that came from factory with CT grips doesn't? :confused:
it was cheaper, the price on the j frames has gone down recently though. I think it's still be a little cheaper than the crimson trace. the crimson is more functional IMHO, the bodyguards laser is not in a convenient location unless your a south paw. I like the j frames better, and if the smith handed molded the frame for the laser I'd take it off.

I think it has more to do with going after the LCR, and I bet smith is getting a better markup on them, poly frame has to be a lot cheaper to make.

OP read your manual, I bet it says something about testing +p defense rounds, any of the small light revolvers (especially those with plenty of bark) subject the unfired rounds in the cylinder to some pretty good shock and G's, bullets have been know walk (change in OAL). doesn't happen often but does happen so you might want to test your rounds, (just mark or measure round #5, fire the first 4 then check that the mark or OAL hasn't changed) if the bullet is walking just try something else.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I bought my wife one of these to keep on her nightstand. So far I'm pretty impressed with it. I'll take it out and put some +P rounds through it this weekend (if this swirling storm of crap hovering above my head ever moves on). I took it out last weekend for a few quick shots and found that at 20', it was shooting about 1" left and 1" low from where the laser is...that was with .38 spcl rounds.

I probably had a hand in it as well though figuring I'm not only abysmal with snubbie revolvers...I'm also not used to it.

Either way, I can't answer the OP's question...I just thought I would chime in as a fellow "new" Bodyguard owner.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I bought my wife one of these to keep on her nightstand. So far I'm pretty impressed with it. I'll take it out and put some +P rounds through it this weekend (if this swirling storm of crap hovering above my head ever moves on). I took it out last weekend for a few quick shots and found that at 20', it was shooting about 1" left and 1" low from where the laser is...that was with .38 spcl rounds.

I probably had a hand in it as well though figuring I'm not only abysmal with snubbie revolvers...I'm also not used to it.

Either way, I can't answer the OP's question...I just thought I would chime in as a fellow "new" Bodyguard owner.
side mounted laser, bullet path only crosses the laser at one point, before that point you'll be hitting left, after that point you'll be hitting right. you might just need to sight the laser in.

and it's not like they have a fantastic trigger, the long heavy trigger could also be showing you an issue with your technique.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts