Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have recently purchases an M&P AR15 and I was wondering if there is anyone else on the forms who own the same firearm? If so, are you pleased with your purchase? And what type of configuration did you go with.

Thanks,
Teky0101

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes...

MP15a... recent purchase... only put 400 rounds through so far it but I'm very happy. My quad rails, stock and grip are on the way... I'm also putting a VFG on it and eventually some kind of optic but I keep going back and forth on what (leaning towards an Aimpoint comp2 now but two days ago was set on a holosight, probably will get both and a second AR for one of them since I can't make up my mind...:D)

So yes I'm happy with it, but I have limited basis for comparison since this is only the 2nd AR I've owned and only the 3rd I've fired.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I've heard good things about them, but have not tried one out for myself. I know T.J. just bought one, you might want to ask him, or wait for him to post up on here.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I find it funny that people buy something, THEN asks for advice/opinions on if it's any good or not :)

I have a M&P15 AR and really enjoy it a lot. It's a great rifle.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have the carbine with a flat top with BUIS and an Eotech. Fired over 2000 rounds (mostly Wolf) with no problems.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Love mine. I currently have a carry handle but that is going to be replaced with an EOTech. I also replaced the standard handguards with Troy Industries Drop in quad rail. I have a TangoDown Vertical grip and a daniel defense light mount for my Surefire G2 LED. Awesome. I love mine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I bought one back in September, and I am quite happy with it. It came with everything I wanted and then some. I bought the standard version. I've only put eighty rounds through mine, and accuracy is better than I expected.

So yes, I am another happy Smith & Wesson M&P15 owner! :D

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I got the OR and like it so far:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bought mine back in june, and have a few hundred rounds thru it. I have a midway quad rail setup on it, VFG, cheap a$$ BSA scope on it, and factory BUIS. I have a small problem shooting wolf ammo though, but I think I might have it figured out, just need more lube, (thats what she said!;)) but seriously, I love it. I'm looking for a holo sight setup sometime this winter, but I'm having fun banging out the lead now though. Have fun with your new toy.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've heard good things about them, but have not tried one out for myself. I know T.J. just bought one, you might want to ask him, or wait for him to post up on here.
and you know I will especially since I get to make everyone jelouse with my total investment of $550 for a NIB M&P15A with YHM Drop in rails after I sold off the other extras I didn't want or need sad thing is I've spent more on optics and BUIS than I have in the rifle HaHaHa

So far I have about 800 rnd down the pipe and have only had 1 failure which was a serious death jam but it was caused by an out of spec reload that wasn't properly sized which wouldn't seat in the chamber

While sighting in my aimpoint I placed 5 shots center mass with all rounds touching from a supported position and another 6 rounds in center mass in the zero ring

I shot a rifle match last weekend with it and scored a total of -5.5 Pts down so yea it's accurate well made and sexy I'd post a pic but I'm using my iPhone to post but if you do a search of my post and you will find a few of my post with a pic of it

You made an excellent purchase so don't fret it and welcome to the club

Oh and I am about to order some new rails for it when I do if your interested I'd take $110 shipped for the YHM DI rails let me know if your interested

Personally once you get some glass I'd sell off the carry handle as you'll probably never use it again after that will decrease your investment about $100

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Here is a pic of mine with the original uper above it. I love this thing!

·
Registered
185 Posts
i own a m&p 15t, so it pretty much came loaded with the accessories, i love the weapon. i havent put any optics on mine yet, i enjoy shooting with the flip up iron sights (sub .75 at 100 yrds) and i regularly shoot out to 200 yrds (i have managed to shoot 1"goups) enjoy your weapon, mine eats any ammo i feed it, but i find black hills ammo to be the most accuarate, and some of the cleanest ammo out there.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
NAHC LIFE MEMBER

WE CAN ONLY BE WHAT WE GIVE OURSELVES THE POWER TO BE...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Everyone! I want to fist say thanks for responding to my post. It is great to see that so many people on the forms own one of these and that they really enjoy it. Also thank you to everyone who posted pics of your m&p configuration I will certainly keep some of these upgrades in mind for the future. I was also wondering I was sometime thinking about getting an upper in the future and in a heavier caliber, possibly a 50 beowolf before they are outlawed. Do you think that the &p lower will have trouble with this recoil thank you again everyone for sharing.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Wow, those look amazing...my addiction is growing...my wallet will be shrinking when I can get one of those.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts