Springfield XD Forum banner

SMITH AND WESSON M&P 9mm ??

5K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  genXD 
#1 ·
Thinking about buying a smith & Wesson M&P 9MM.I already have a XD 9MM and a XDM .40 . Someone talk me out of it before this sickness of buying guns takes me over if it hasn't already,lol.

#2 ·
dude...there is no talking you down or cure for the sickness....

My brother-in-law owns and M&P 40.....I love it....the M&P 45 s probably going to be my next handgun purchase.

#3 ·
I think it is my responsibility to remind you that the bigger the caliber the better.:twisted: You should buy .45 or 10MM.

#5 ·
I'd get a caliber you don't already have too :) Nothin wrong with 9mm, or .40 S&W, just variety = better IMHO. The S&W M&P is going to be similar to your XD 9mm in terms of size, capacity and role. Unless you like the M&P ergos a lot better (in which case I'd suggest maybe trading the XD9 in for it), I'd go with something in .45 :)

Just sayin what *I* would do, not necessarily what YOU would do ;-)

#6 ·
yeah....and those say that it's not the size....it's how you use it have a small d*ck right?

Bigger is not always better....shot placement...shot placement...shot placement....
The whole 9mm vs .40cal vs .45 cal vs .44 vs .357...blah...blah...blah is a debate that will go on for all time.

The M&P is a superb platform no matter the caliber....

#11 ·
I say go for it! I have a m&p compact in 9mm and have a full size on layaway just waiting for me. IMHO, the m&p is the best pistol ergonomically on the market, for me anyway. It really doesn't matter what caliber you get it in, it is a sweet pistol. Mine has replaced my xd as my go-to pistol. I've heard lots of people say bad things about glocks, sigs, xds, berettas, etc. But never heard a bad thing about the m&p.

I've said it lots, but I really think Smith & Wesson hit a home run with this pistol.

#13 ·
I'd get a caliber you don't already have too :) Nothin wrong with 9mm, or .40 S&W, just variety = better IMHO. The S&W M&P is going to be similar to your XD 9mm in terms of size, capacity and role. Unless you like the M&P ergos a lot better (in which case I'd suggest maybe trading the XD9 in for it), I'd go with something in .45 :)
Agreed! It's always nice to have a collection of toys! :D

#16 ·
I can see that the forums members are not very helpful at talking you out of buying a gun. :eek:
Sounds to me that you are not interested in CC but if you were I'd tell you to get a compact as they are easily concealable. I have the M&P9C and it is a sweet shooter. My son has the 40C and tells me the recoil is the mildest of all the 40s he's shot.
With that said my .45 is the XD45C which I love. I just bought the same gun for my son for XMAS.
I'd say you want an M&P you can't go wrong as all their earlier problems have been addressed, i.e. mags dropping, slide locking open w/one rd in mag. Their customer service is top notch.

#17 ·
Well i just got a good deal on a dream gun i've been wanting, SA 1911 Loaded. So the M&P will have to wait,still sounds like a great gun.
Even a better choice! :D

Here are my kids: XD40 Tac, 1911 A1 Loaded 9mm, XD9 Tac

#19 ·
you'll never regret buying the Springfield, terrific gun, I don't remember ever having a malfunction with mine and everybody else I've seen bring one to the match loved theirs and never had a complaint ... the M&P is a good gun too, they seem to be really reliable, and one of the girls who shoots with us has one in 9mm and is getting really good with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.