Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a smith & Wesson M&P 9MM.I already have a XD 9MM and a XDM .40 . Someone talk me out of it before this sickness of buying guns takes me over if it hasn't already,lol.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
dude...there is no talking you down or cure for the sickness....

My brother-in-law owns and M&P 40.....I love it....the M&P 45 s probably going to be my next handgun purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
I think it is my responsibility to remind you that the bigger the caliber the better.:twisted: You should buy .45 or 10MM.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Yeah you should get an M&P .45 because like XDONBOARD has said bigger=better!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'd get a caliber you don't already have too :) Nothin wrong with 9mm, or .40 S&W, just variety = better IMHO. The S&W M&P is going to be similar to your XD 9mm in terms of size, capacity and role. Unless you like the M&P ergos a lot better (in which case I'd suggest maybe trading the XD9 in for it), I'd go with something in .45 :)

Just sayin what *I* would do, not necessarily what YOU would do ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
yeah....and those say that it's not the size....it's how you use it have a small d*ck right?

Bigger is not always better....shot placement...shot placement...shot placement....
The whole 9mm vs .40cal vs .45 cal vs .44 vs .357...blah...blah...blah is a debate that will go on for all time.

The M&P is a superb platform no matter the caliber....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read alot of good things on the S&W M&P and was wanting to have one and try it out for myself.As far as the .45 cal,I was thinking of a Springfield 1911-A1 45acp. Going to have to save a few more pennies for that.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I have a M & P 9c

have not had it long but I do like it alot

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I say go for it! I have a m&p compact in 9mm and have a full size on layaway just waiting for me. IMHO, the m&p is the best pistol ergonomically on the market, for me anyway. It really doesn't matter what caliber you get it in, it is a sweet pistol. Mine has replaced my xd as my go-to pistol. I've heard lots of people say bad things about glocks, sigs, xds, berettas, etc. But never heard a bad thing about the m&p.

I've said it lots, but I really think Smith & Wesson hit a home run with this pistol.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I actually just bought my brother one. I should be able to shoot it within the week. I like the feel a lot. all I have heard is that its a great gun.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
I'd get a caliber you don't already have too :) Nothin wrong with 9mm, or .40 S&W, just variety = better IMHO. The S&W M&P is going to be similar to your XD 9mm in terms of size, capacity and role. Unless you like the M&P ergos a lot better (in which case I'd suggest maybe trading the XD9 in for it), I'd go with something in .45 :)
Agreed! It's always nice to have a collection of toys! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i just got a good deal on a dream gun i've been wanting, SA 1911 Loaded. So the M&P will have to wait,still sounds like a great gun.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Thinking about buying a smith & Wesson M&P 9MM.I already have a XD 9MM and a XDM .40 . Someone talk me out of it before this sickness of buying guns takes me over if it hasn't already,lol.
I can see that the forums members are not very helpful at talking you out of buying a gun. :eek:
Sounds to me that you are not interested in CC but if you were I'd tell you to get a compact as they are easily concealable. I have the M&P9C and it is a sweet shooter. My son has the 40C and tells me the recoil is the mildest of all the 40s he's shot.
With that said my .45 is the XD45C which I love. I just bought the same gun for my son for XMAS.
I'd say you want an M&P you can't go wrong as all their earlier problems have been addressed, i.e. mags dropping, slide locking open w/one rd in mag. Their customer service is top notch.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Well i just got a good deal on a dream gun i've been wanting, SA 1911 Loaded. So the M&P will have to wait,still sounds like a great gun.
Even a better choice! :D

Here are my kids: XD40 Tac, 1911 A1 Loaded 9mm, XD9 Tac

·
Registered
63 Posts
you'll never regret buying the Springfield, terrific gun, I don't remember ever having a malfunction with mine and everybody else I've seen bring one to the match loved theirs and never had a complaint ... the M&P is a good gun too, they seem to be really reliable, and one of the girls who shoots with us has one in 9mm and is getting really good with it

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would get the XD45 as no mater which pistol you pick up they will all have the same features and similar triggers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts