loaded w/IWB holster

·
Registered
395 Posts
pretty slick

·
Registered
156 Posts
I picked up a 642 last month and it has been my CCW gun ever since. I just slip it into my pocket and just go on my merry way. I really need to pick up a pocket holster though. It moves around a lot in my pocket.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Guns are dangerous.
You should turn that into the next gun buyback program.
Since that might be inconvenient to you, I'll do it FOR YOU.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Enjoy your 642. How are the speedloaders working out for you? I did not have much luck with them for my 642 and I switched to speed strips. They seem to take the same amount of time to reload.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm not a fan of the closed hammer designs. But I do like the little J-frames alot. I've been eyeing a little S&W model 60, will probably get one sooner or later.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Congrats on the pistol!

Mikah makes a great and inexpensive pocket holster for it (about $20 a piece) I got two - one for a round pocket and one for a square pocket.

I put the CT laser grips on it and they are great.

Speedloaders work well with it. I carry two in one pocket and the 642 in the other.

The hammerless design is great for pants pocket or (duty) coat pocket carry. I know I can fire from my coat pocket. I can't say I've practiced that a whole lot, but it is good to know that if things go bad in a hurry I can still draw and/or fire from a pocket with no problem.

Chapie+

·
Registered
272 Posts
my uncle just picked up one of those, but it has the crimson trace extended grip for the pinky--very nice.

congrats

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
I picked up a 642 last month and it has been my CCW gun ever since. I just slip it into my pocket and just go on my merry way. I really need to pick up a pocket holster though. It moves around a lot in my pocket.
Amp please get a pocket holster. It is dangerous to carry w/o one.

Every time I go to the range I force myself to shoot at least 25 to 30 rds w/my 642.
I hate every minute of it. The recoil is so much more than my semis. I have CTC laser grips which are supposed to cut 30% of the recoil. I still hate shooting it but I know it has an important role for CC especially here in the hot SC summers.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Amp please get a pocket holster. It is dangerous to carry w/o one.

Every time I go to the range I force myself to shoot at least 25 to 30 rds w/my 642.
I hate every minute of it. The recoil is so much more than my semis. I have CTC laser grips which are supposed to cut 30% of the recoil. I still hate shooting it but I know it has an important role for CC especially here in the hot SC summers.
Try shooting metal plates with it. That is fun and the recoil doesn't seem bad when you're knocking things down. I shoot it with Remington 125JHP +Ps.

Chapie+

1 - 12 of 12 Posts