Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there first time poster here I've owned my Springfield xdm 9 for almost two years it's been my first handgun however while I was cleaning and lubricating I dropped my top slide barrel first and the fall smashed on the very top theads and crown. was wondering if anyone had any experience with this similar issue and if it's fixable thank you.

Attachments

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Ya, I would try to thread it and it doesn’t go, I wouldn’t shoot it then. Call Springfield.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Is that deep enough to have changed the crown geometry there? If so, I would definitely have the barrel replaced.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Is that deep enough to have changed the crown geometry there? If so, I would definitely have the barrel replaced.
That’s kinda what I was thinking. It may have bulged/compressed it back farther than what is actually visible. I guess you could fire a few rounds and,
  1. See if accuracy is affected
  2. Look closely under the smack mark inside the bore and see if there’s an excess or more copper wash compared to the rest of the bbl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes as believable or unbelievable as it may be this accident happened while I was at an outdoor range falling from my hand and landing straight onto the barrel I'm not sure if the weight of the slide itself was enough to cause that or the height from where it fell but can assure you no hammers were involved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts