Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the crossbreed supertuck and love it to death and it is very comfortable and can wear it all day long, but I am looking for something smaller that I can easily put on and off so when I run to the store or whatever I can throw it on and go.. I need it to be IWB, for my XD subcompact 9mm. Any suggestions and reviews would be great!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have an Alien Gear dual clip hybrid for my XDsc 40. I also have a Galco Stow and Go holster. It works ok but is not nearly as comfortable as my AG holster. It runs about $25-$30 depending upon where you buy it. It is a single wide clip which allows you to run the holster pretty much anywhere from 1:00 to 4:30 if you are a righty. With the wide clip it is very stable but it is not adjustable for cant. It is rough side out so once it is secure in your waistband it does not move very easy. It does not come close comfort wise to my AG but that is to be expected with a full leather single clip vs. a dual clip hybrid. It conceals fairly well as long as I position it correctly. Also it is very difficult to reholster with the holster in your waistband, but for what it is designed for you most likely will not be using this for range use...
Over all I think it is a decent holster that works for its intended use. I have a friend who carries a G19 in a Desantis version of this holster... As a bonus this holster also fits my XDs secure enough to carry it as well. All that being said I rarely carry in this holster because I usually take time to put on my AG and carry more comfortably.
STOW-N-GO INSIDE THE PANT HOLSTER: Holsters & Ammo Carriers: Inside the Waistband / Tuckable Holsters at Galco

·
Registered
804 Posts
My two favorites are my Cooks brand IWB, and more recently, my Remora. The Cooks is Kydex. It gives you adjustable cant and tension, very easy reholstering and a company dedicated to customer service. The Remora has become my new favorite due to its ultra fast on/off. The Cooks isn't bad to put on or off either and is more "traditional". Both are comfortable to me.

IWB Holster w/Adjustable Belt Clip - Cook's Holsters, LLC

https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If you like the CBST, but want something just a bit smaller and easy to clip on and off, I'm surprised you haven't considered the CB QwikClip.
QwikClip | CrossBreed® Holsters - QwikClip

If you don't want the wait time, check CB's Factory Seconds site. No wait and Half Price (and very hard to actually find the Blemish).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
for my main holster i have a firearmholster i love to death.. but im picking up a blade tech phantom as my quick on and off... ive heard nothing but good things about them!!! ill let you know it should be here monday

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use the FoxX holster... Check out their "Little FoxX Hybrid".... Single clip IWB holster, u can easily put it on and take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
467 Posts
+1 on the Remora. I tested that it stayed put by mowing my lawn (push mower). It didn't move in 45 minutes of mowing. BTW, a G27 was in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts