Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if it would make it easier to conceal, and does it affect handling much? I think I might try it.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
I just glanced at mine in an N82. I can't see how the small backstrap would make any difference whatsoever with this holster.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Agreed. I use the larger one but I have big hands and was used to shooting full size Glocks with double-stack grips.

This ability to easily change grip size is a really nice feature. I'm getting rid of all my gen3 Glocks, because I like the slightly smaller grip available on the gen4s that much better - and there are two larger backstraps for anyone wanting to go that way.

·
Premium Member
127,992 Posts
The large one fits me best.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
i think the difference between backstraps is much too small to make it any more or less concealable. i like the larger one better but its all just personal preference.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i tried the smaller grip just because i could ... i ended up sticking with it.... i feel i get a better purchase on the pistol... i doubt it would make any difference in concealment.

however i feel that any kind of grip extension will make the pistol harder to conceal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The backstrap won't affect concealment at all. It's too small of a difference to matter. It will make a difference in how comfortable the pistol is in your hand and how well you shoot it. Try them both and go with the one that feels the best. I use the small one, and after adding a Talon grip it's just about perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts