Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested to hear thoughts on this product. I know, I know...Frog Lube might be better, but I would really like to hear what Slip 2000 experiences have been.
I've been a Ballistol user for a couple of years. Happy with it, but have noticed that it doesn't seem to hold up as a rail lube on longer range sessions.
Have you used 2k as a CLP product, or just lube? Is it runny, or does it stay in place? Asking in regards to daily carry.
thanks-

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
OK - I'll post.... :)

I like EWL but it's a lil too runny for me for a carry gun. I think it's a good lube, and that's about it. :) If I were to buy again, I'd get the EWL 30 so that it's thicker.
Something along the same lines as Slip 2000 EWL, If I were you, I'd take a hard look at Weapon Shield. It's a lil thicker and will stay put.
Now allot of AR guys love and swear by Slip 2000 EWL, and again it's not bad at all from my usage, just a lil thin for me.
Now for rails, I'm a grease guy all the way, if it slides, grease it, and I also grease the barrel hood as well. Not GOOP'ED on but a very thin film is all it takes on the rails and hood. Use a QTip and a tooth pick to apply.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips, Torked!
I'll check out Weapon Shield. What you referred to is their oil, right? Sounds like it would be an improvement over Ballistol for rail lube.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the tips, Torked!
I'll check out Weapon Shield. What you referred to is their oil, right? Sounds like it would be an improvement over Ballistol for rail lube.
Yes - The oil, and they offer grease as well.
George Fennell used to send out samples, it may be worth Emailing them and see if you can get a free sample, and see how it works for you. :grin:

LINK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts