Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find the most affordable and effect sling for my AR. I been putting that off for a long time cause i dont know what will work for a descent price, so suggestions please!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Redi-Mag.com :cool:

1 1/2" sling is $18, free shipping, another $2 will get you a quick release buckle.

So for $20 and free shipping it can't be beat.
This was the sling Vickers used b4 coming out with his.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I see that the majority of the suggestions are for 3 point slings. Are they better than a 1 or 2 point? Any recommendations on a 1 point? Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I see that the majority of the suggestions are for 3 point slings. Are they better than a 1 or 2 point? Any recommendations on a 1 point? Thanks!
Uh huh. I too was thinking this. I just got my AR (used) and am in the thought process of my "mods to do" list. No sling yet myself. What do you prefer? 1, 2, or 3 point and why? Which do you use? (links?). How do you attach? (links?) Sorry! I guess this is a hijack.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have a Specter Gear CQB slings on different rifles. One I modified into a CST (cross shoulder transition) version. Both slings were found on sale for about $25 a pop, so I figured I'd try them.

I also made a sling for another rifle using the tutorial that jigman586 posted. I changed that one a little bit, too. I use swivel snap hooks to attach the sling to triple-looped paracord pieces on the stock and hand guard.

I bought/made the slings because I thought it would be nice to have a sling for each of these guns. I don't do 3 gun stuff, or any other running around with the guns at this point. Perhaps those who have actual field/competition experience with sling use could weigh in with their preferences. For me, I chose 3-point slings because of the variety of ways the gun can be carried.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I have a single-point sling and really like it. It's a Spectre MOUT (??) sling. Not the highest quality, but it works. I'm already thinking of selling it and getting something different. I really like the looks and capabilities of yours, Thumper...1 and 2 point in one would be nice!

I've heard you have to have a PhD in Rocket Science to figure out how to use a 3 point, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
2 point slings are the best all around. However, heres my Troy single point.
Single points suck if you need to kneel down etc. Just be sure to grab the gun first or your muzzle is going to bottom out into the ground.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I use a 2 point as I was trained to use the sling to steady the rifle for long shots. 400 yards and more using iron sights only.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use a CQD 2 point with CQD sling point. (It can be used as a "1" or 2 point by attaching one of the hooks at a more forward point). The sling has shock absorbers at each end.

You can get them here:
Sling: Close Quarters Defense, CQD - Duane Dieter, Tactical Training, Tactical Knives ($39.95)
Sling Point: Close Quarters Defense, CQD - Duane Dieter, Tactical Training, Tactical Knives($29.95)
I have the fixed ACE Skeleton stock. Does anyone make a comparable sling attachment point for an A1/A2 stock that would work with that sling or others that use the HK style attachments?

Also, does anyone have experience with Gear Sector Slings?

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
i was sorta thinking about a Larue 2 point (since it includes 2 QD swivels, these things are $15 seperately) and my DD Omega rail and magpul UBR both have QD sockets. So its just waiting for a sling.

·
Registered
307 Posts
GearSector is where i got my single point and 2 point. They have awesome service and very fast shipping. Pricing is competitive too. Gear Sector | Browse | Slings

1 - 20 of 48 Posts