Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like two point slings as I can brace the sling to my support arm to steady my aim. I did two minor upgrades to my inexpensive 1-1/4" web sling. I added a quick release sling attachment to my Magpul CTR stock. Patrick Sweeney recommends a QR sling if you are ever to use your AR near a body of water, to prevent drowning. As a more practical matter, it is nice to remove the sling when separating the upper and lower for maintenance/cleaning. I found the no-name quick release at the gun show. It came in either a short shaft (which limits rotation on the CTR stock), or slightly longer shaft which permits more rotation, but introduces a slight rattle (not a problem). Either will work fine. The QR is very secure and will not pull out unless you press the release button.

Update: to decrease rattle with a longer shaft QR, use a #6 rubber o-ring on the QR stud. To totally eliminate rattle use two #6 o-rings.

The other inexpensive upgrade is a .49 cent #18 rubber o-ring bought at the local hardware store to keep the big open loop of the sling more manageable and to keep the rear end of the sling from sliding around too much. It is not so tight as to interfere with sling length adjustment. It stretches enough to slip over the quick released end of the sling.

Other upgrades to my Stag 2T include a GG&G BUIS, DPMS pistol grip plug that can hold 3 emergency rounds, thick commercial Magpul recoil pad, Magpul enhanced trigger guard, RRA two stage NM trigger kit, RRA safety/selector, and C-More railway reflex optic (not shown)

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Nice.
You gotta love doing those upgrades!
I just added an ERGO Grip to my Stag and I am planning on adding a CTR (milspec) with the thick recoil pad. Damn that short milspec buffer tube!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts