Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot about 150 rounds WW white box today. Then the slide won't go all the way back. Opens just enough to remove the fired case and cock the striker. Sounds like it is hitting something solid, barrel hood is camming down. Opens about .6". I've gone through about 15 pages of slide problems, but haven't found anything like this.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Have you taken the slide off? That's the first thing I would do and check everything.

·
Registered
439 Posts
bump. pics will probably be the first request.

·
Registered
591 Posts
yeah need some PICS

·
Registered
591 Posts
does it happen with the mag in and out??

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Drop the mag, hold the slide open as far as you can and have someone take a pic of the inside.

Does the slide come back far enough to cock it?

Have you dry fired it and tried to pull the slide back again?

With an empty chamber and empty magwell, with slide closed, bang on the side near where the barrel and recoil assembly are...bang on both sides with a rubber hammer or your hand, jiggle, shake, rattle and roll. Jack the slide back as hard as you can.

If its still stuck....call springfield and they will give you a shipping label to send it back for warranty.....

Is it a service or tactical?

Any other info you can give us?

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Shot 150 rounds without incident, how would the guide rod get off center if the gun was not disassembled?
Have you ever dissassembled it?

If you have and reassembled it, you could have the rod off center....gun will function untill it moves over more or you try and take it apart again only to find a stuck slide.

Like I said, though, its just a guess

·
Registered
591 Posts
with the mag out do you see anything that would hinder the movement of the slide..

·
Registered
591 Posts
sitting here looking at mine and thinking of some other threads look to see if the firing pin roll pin isn't broke and slid its way down to stop the slide movement short

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
sitting here looking at mine and thinking of some other threads look to see if the firing pin roll pin isn't broke and slid its way down to stop the slide movement short
Ooo...good thought

And he should be able to see that from the empty magwell

1 - 20 of 39 Posts