Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this problem about a week ago. Just got the XD45 back from Springfield.
Let me start this by trying to construct an alibi.
I shot my first .45 (1911) in 1949, and have shot and loaded for them on and off since then. (79 years old tomorrow).
As I stated in my earlier post, I had been shooting and the slide would'nt go all the way back all of a sudden.
I got all manner of advice on this forum but nothing suggested would work.
I sent the gun to Springfield and received a call from John in repair dept.
Told me the barrel was bulged! FLASH! I then remembered having a squib the shot before this event occurred. As I said, I've been shooting and loading .45s on and off for 62 years and never had a squib load.
I was shooting a semi-complicated course (FBI Academy graduates firearms retraining course) and was concentrating on what came next and it just didn't dawn on me what had happened.
Now I don't know whether to hang the bulged barrel around my neck, or hang it on the loading machine.
Any way, thanks again for all you guys trying to help me.
Clyde

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Wow I don`t remember you mentioning the squib. Thank you for following up almost no one ever does. With the follow up, now the collective can consider one more possibility for the next person.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Happy Birthday! And congrats on being young enough to get out there and continue to train and enjoy your sport.

Follow-ups are definitely appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I don`t remember you mentioning the squib. Thank you for following up almost no one ever does. With the follow up, now the collective can consider one more possibility for the next person.
To be honest, I didn't connect the squib with the problem. Just barely remembered it. Seems perfectly logical now, though. (Always put brain in gear when shooting or loading!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.