Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Could be anything from something in the holster(if used) or gunk build up from your fingers. Have you tried cleaning it off with some solvent?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks like copper/brass has worn off onto the finish if your slide.

Probably from the rivets on your jeans or something like that. The melonite is much harder than the other metal, and it rubs off onto the slide like metal scratching off on sandpaper.

I've had a bunch of marks on my slides from the rivets on my jeans before, so that's my guess. Rubbing with some oil (I use Fireclean) usually gets it off.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
So nothing really to worry about?
i wouldnt be worried! if anything its not scratched up enough yet! ;) that means you need to carry more.. even to bed.. YOU CAN DO IT!!!:D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Already carry it everywhere besides work and then it is in my bed side rig I made for the other Alien gear shell
haha i was messing with you! but thats cool... i keep my handguns loaded all the time and on me whenever possible( wokr for a bank ATM so frowned upon if i carry at work) :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.