Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !
I took my XD 40 to the range today and put a couple hundred rounds down range. When i got home and disassembled it, i took out the barrel, spring and slide. When i tried to reassemble it, the slide got halfway back to the open action position and jammed... i can not move the slide forward or back, the lever to take the slide off is in the 12 oclock position, and the grip safety is fully depressed, i dont know what the heck happened. any advice??

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Some one had this happen before when they pushed on the barrel hood when assembling. does it look like part of the barrel is under the locking block?

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Is the magazine in it, if so take that out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A friend of mine did something similar to his XD-9 at the range. Kind of got stuck half way back or something like that. Regardless, if its the same problem, I fixed it by messing with the slide and squeezing the trigger. Somehow the tigger got cocked when he was assembling the gun and he couldn't free it up. I think I pulled the slide back and got the trigger to dryfire (holding the grip safety down of course). Just keep moving the slide and trying to squeeze the trigger. Once the trigger fired, the slide came right off (or went on properly). Hope this helps. If its the same problem my friend had, you should be in business.

Peace.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it to the shop today, and they fixed it. Basically when i was field stripping it, the barrel fell towards the grip and was not flush with the slide, so it jammed. To fix it, the guy grabbed the guide rod and pulled to release the tension. Easy fix!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
DJTHEMAC said:
Dwweeb_5150 said:
Bet your glad it worked out.You get to field test it yet?
hehe no. hopin to tommorow, watch it blow up in my face... knock in wood!
Odds are in your favor. So far I`ve only heard of one xd KB.
Have a good time shooting.You may want to get yourself
a dons guide rod and 22lb spring they are priced right at
some of the forum sponsors sites.
Ajames51`s site http://www.xd-hs2000.com/ Old_School`s site http://www.pistol-gear.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
woo hoo! it didnt blow up in my face. its solid, i think its pretty hard to break a gun. Those XD sites have a bunch of cool stuff. why is the guide rod and spring better then OEM?

·
Registered
133 Posts
My barrel chamber got caught under the locking block once after I reassembled it causing the slide to hang open. I had to wrap the end of the barrel with duct tape so I could get a grip and pull on it so as to free it from the locking block. Just incase this happens to anybody else, this is what worked for me. That was pretty frustrating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts