Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I sold my xd40 sc Bi-tone. stupid move, I regret it. So now I'm going to buy another XD sc but can't decide on bi-tone or not. The gun will be for daily concealed carry, IWB and OWB. So I'm wondering does the black slide get scracthed when used with kydex holsters

Also, do many people have sporty polished pieces on their daily carry XDs? Or is that mainly for show and storing in a case?

Thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
A few months ago I sold my xd40 sc Bi-tone. stupid move, I regret it. So now I'm going to buy another XD sc but can't decide on bi-tone or not. The gun will be for daily concealed carry, IWB and OWB. So I'm wondering does the black slide get scracthed when used with kydex holsters

Also, do many people have sporty polished pieces on their daily carry XDs? Or is that mainly for show and storing in a case?

Thanks
My slide gets a little marred but it always rubs off with CLP and a rag...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
if you going to do CC, i would stay away from shiny. just my personal preference.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I have carried a lot of different weapons and every one that was blued scuffed and scratched over time.I went with stainless the last 2 times and love my XD-40sc in bi-tone.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
If you want to keep it pretty I prefer the Bi-Tone for CC, but at the same time I also have guns that I could care less if they get scratched while carried.

·
Registered
595 Posts
A CC sidarm is not something that should be pretty or that you should worry about scratching, it should shoot everytime and be maintained. Sorry, but to me worrying about scratches just isn't at the top of my list. Scratch away, be safe.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
A CC sidarm is not something that should be pretty or that you should worry about scratching, it should shoot everytime and be maintained. Sorry, but to me worrying about scratches just isn't at the top of my list. Scratch away, be safe.
I think both colors shoot the same ... :lol: I was in the same mindset that a CC should be all Black. The Stainless Steel was just going to attract attention but let's face it ... As soon as you draw your sidearm, all of the attention is on you regardless of what color the gun is ...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I think both colors shoot the same ... :lol: I was in the same mindset that a CC should be all Black. The Stainless Steel was just going to attract attention but let's face it ... As soon as you draw your sidearm, all of the attention is on you regardless of what color the gun is ...
+1
mine is stainless with a polished barrel but you only see it when i draw it and i doubt the criminal is going to say/think "that guy has a stainless gun with a polished barrel" all he will see is the big hole and the speer gold dot in it.
i bet seeing the actual bullet thats in the barrel would be a pretty crappy feeling for the criminal.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like them both. The stainless will not rust. I ended up with black because I did not want to pay the extra dough for it. To me that is 3 or 4 more boxes of shells.:)

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I have an all black XD40SC in a SuperTuck holster and I can see a line, but I wouldn't go as far to say its scratched and it usually wipes off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts