Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this AM, when clearing the gun, I noticed that on my XDS 45 (post recall) that I could rack the slide without engaging the palm safety....

Is that normal on the XDS? I cannot do that on my XDSC9 or my XD45

anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He didn't touch on what i was looking for in the video.... but i did notice that his exhibited the same behavior... and when he racked the XD he always had the grip safety engaged.

So I just called Springfield, and that is by design on the XDS

·
Registered
279 Posts
He didn't touch on what i was looking for in the video.... but i did notice that his exhibited the same behavior... and when he racked the XD he always had the grip safety engaged.

That's correct. It's perfectly normal for the xds.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts

If yours did the same thing as what I showed on the video then it is normal. Or i would have told you in the video it was abnormal.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
If yours did the same thing as what I showed on the video then it is normal. Or i would have told you in the video it was abnormal.
I'm sure you would have, James, but people have to actually watch and pay attention to see that you manipulate the slide without the grip safety engaged. You need to be better at spoon-feeding them dontchaknow? ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts