Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted this on elsewhere on thie forum but no replies so will try it here.

Today after cleaning my xdm-45 i went to reassemble the slide on the frame.
This is my fourth time dissasembling the gun as it is only a week old.
First three times slide slid right on the frame like butter.
this time when the slide was an inch or so from all the way on it stopped. after wiggling it slightly it goes back on all the way. I took it off to see if it would do it again and it does. The slide stops right about where the back is right in front of the ejector. I looked but it is not hitting the ejector. It feels like it is catching on something in the front of the frame. Not a big problem just have to wiggle it a little then the slide goes back all the way on to the frame.
It is not getting stuck just wont go back that last inch without a little wiggling.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just found that if I push the recoil spring and rod up the slide goes on a little easier. maybe it is hanging down a little. anyone know if this is a problem?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
just found that if I push the recoil spring and rod up the slide goes on a little easier. maybe it is hanging down a little. anyone know if this is a problem?

You don't have the guide rod positioned correctly. Take it back apart and correct it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just found out what the problem was after getting out my reading glasses and some strong light and inspecting carefully.
the slide was hitting the small metal piece that sticks up from the trigger bar on back right side of the frame.

·
Registered
748 Posts
fwiw: So does my XDm-40 3.8

·
Registered
153 Posts
just found out what the problem was after getting out my reading glasses and some strong light and inspecting carefully.
the slide was hitting the small metal piece that sticks up from the trigger bar on back right side of the frame.
Same with my xd45. Just pull the trigger slightly and it'll slide right past.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts