Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
I've been using the Disotec XFR from Blue Wonder since it came out and really like it. Its somewhat spendy, but a little goes a long way. I think you can still get a sample tube for just shipping costs on Blue Wonder's web site. The sample tube lasted nearly a year. Break Free CLP is also good.
On the non contact surfaces I use EEsox for protection.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use Militec-1 on the rails of all of my pistols. Switched to that about two years ago, and haven't had any problems, I use it on both my range guns and my carry guns.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
BobRowe said:
I use Militec-1 on the rails of all of my pistols. Switched to that about two years ago, and haven't had any problems, I use it on both my range guns and my carry guns.
Another Bob to the forum Welcome to the funhouse!!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I love CLP

R Dub, did you get your screen name from the PS2 SOCOM II game?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I haven't shot my XD since using it, but I'm liking gun butter. I bought the Blue Wonder 3 pack and some gun butter from pistol-gear, and I should have enough supplies for quite a while.
-hype

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
I love CLP

R Dub, did you get your screen name from the PS2 SOCOM II game?
Nah. Its from the military days when you could only use the fist and middle name initials and last name on the flight suit name tags. "RW" got me branded as R Dub.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Ah! In teh game SOCOM II, there is a gun called the R W (Something). People who do the online play call it the R DUb for short lol

·
Registered
200 Posts
high pressure high temp. grease a very small amount in vital spots. a very very small layer.. works best for me. ( personal choice.)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Tetra gun lube, both inside and out. 8)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Slide glide from Brian Enos' web site for me. This stuff works great on both my guns and doesn't evaporate like light oils. It is the only thing I ever use.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I use BreakFree CLP Weapon Wipes to clean everything but the inside of the barrel (some basic bore solvent for that). Then I use Blue Wonder Armadillo to "wax" the outside. Then I use Militec-1 on the slide/frame contact points. I'm only ~300 rounds through the gun, but no slide wear so far. I know that's not saying much, but I've had no trouble with rust at all (except when my FFL guy brought it to my desk at work after having it for a week while my permit cleared. He pretty much let everyone in the office play with it and then didn't wipe it down :evil: :wink: )

I LOVE how armadillo is completely dry and doesn't show fingerprints!!! It's a hassle to apply, but definitely worth it in my book!

So, in short, Militec-1.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I watched a rep from Tetra use his products on a new 1911 clone and a range rental 92F with a bout 2000 rds thru it.

Both guns dropped over half a pound on measured trigger pull after being lubed. (The range gunsmith measured the trigger pull before and after, not the sales rep.) This stuff does not leave a sticky residue after you wipe it down.

He used a tiny bit of the grease on the slides. spray oiled the triggers and hammer. It was amazing stuff.

I haven't used it yet, but I plan on buying it when my current cleaning suplies start to run out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts