Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not holster my Xd but what could one do to protect the finish on the slide from excessive wear? Its a blued finish right or am I wrong? Could it be givin a clear coat to keep the black finish from wearing off. Id be sorta scared to clear coat it..would look tacky when the clear starts to wear off haha. Id be all for a warn used look, thats if I had a second xd.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Don't worry about it if you do not holster it. The finish not blueing, but a very hard finish called melonite. I have an XD Compact in .45ACP that I have carried daily in a kydex holster for almost 2 years and the finish wear is almost non existant.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool, I read some thread where it was said to be blued, but I was thinking it wasent. Thank you for the reply. I am drooling over maybe getting a compact model this year to use anyways. I would rather use the 45 for around the house protection if need be. I am more of a buy and keep and not use type person. I would like to have a few to pass down to my grandkids. Uhh but that will be a while. You know by the time I have grandkids they will be useing Westighouse phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range. I mean come on The Terminator asked for one, why can I not? :mrgreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts