Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range yesterday and shot my XD40 with the aftermarket barrel fromXDGear in 357 Sig. When I got ready to leave I noticed what looks like a hairline crack in the frame where the slidelock is.I am wondering if Springfield will do anything about it since it is a aftermarket barrel in the gun. I would post pictures if I knew how.The crack is very small and would only affect slide lock back if the small piece did break off.
Thanks for the input
roc1

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you are sure it is a crack in the frame, without question, send it back to Springfield. Same goes for the slide.

A lot of people think they have a crack in the frame, but it is actually where the molds were placed in the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not advocating anything dishonest here, but do they need to know you had the .357 barrel in it at the time it happened?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Please post a picture of the frame.Alot of people think their
frame is cracked because of the mold lines on the frame.
But to be sure you may want to have a gunsmith or the
dealer you purchased it from check it out to be sure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the mistake guys the crack is on the slide not the frame.I just noticed I put frame when I meant slide my mistake.
roc1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Which XD40 (service, tactical, ?) and what kind of recoil spring/guide rod assembly were you using?

I thought about a 357 Sig barrel just for grins, but this might be a reason to have second thoughts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Barrel is 4" so this must be service model?
Springfield said to send gun back this morning they have never heard of this before.
I will keep yall posted
roc1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update talked to Springfield today they said they would reimburse me on shipping charges and will takecare of pistol.I told them about the 357 Sig barrel in the XD40 they said gun should handle that with out a problem.They might even replace gun. Will keep everyone posted
roc1

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would have gladly sent picture but I have already sent gun to Springfield and the email I got this afternoon said it was put in for replacement.
I would post pictures if I knew how.
Thanks
roc1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts