Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Hi! I had a problem last time when I fired my XD 40, the slide failed to open after my last round with federal PD ammo and with Glaser blue ammo. Does it has something to do with these low grain ammo? without enough powder to push back the slide far enough? maybe I should stick to standard 180.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
sweatygrip, It sounds like it could be a combination of the ammo and recoil spring. If your pistol is new or you just installed an aftermarket guide rod the spring can be really strong (not broken in) combined with the low power of the ammo can give you that symptom. Although it only happing with the last round sounds like maybe your magazine does not have the power to get the follower up in time to catch the slide open.

Glazer has been known to cuase what your talking about though.

Some fixes could include
break in the pistol some more weaken the recoil spring just a bit.
change mag spring (but I would check to see if it is just one or all the mags first)
Change to another ammo type to see if the stopage still occurs

·
Registered
308 Posts
sweatygrip,

If the last round ejected then you need to look at your grip. You may be holding the slide stop down preventing it from locking open. If the ammo was feedint properly then the gun was cycling far enough to lock back when the magizine is empty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Thanks for all your advice guys! I may need more time and different ammo at the range. I didnt had a problem the first time I used my XD. only after I used those ammo I mentioned before. What ammo can you recommend?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My XD9 will do this at times. Mine happens when I use my modified beretta mag. Now that factory hi-caps are can be found, I can shelf these mags.

·
Registered
229 Posts
sweatygrip said:
:) Thanks for all your advice guys! I may need more time and different ammo at the range. I didnt had a problem the first time I used my XD. only after I used those ammo I mentioned before. What ammo can you recommend?
The same ammo you used the first time and not the ammo you used the second time. The only ammo I found the my gun doesn't like is S&B, so I don't use it. It seems to love anything else, so I give it a steady diet of Cabela's reload, WWB, and SGD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts