Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a small problem with my XD-9 Tactical. I find out that the slide does not lock back on the last round during normal shooting. I know it is not the magazines as they function prefectly in my two other XDs. Any thoughts on this? I use #19 Wolff Springs in this gun, in case that is relevant, and I use a thumbs locked down grip. As I said, it is not an issue with my two service models.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
if your right handed, your thumb is probably engaging the slide release; therefore it wont lock. if you are 100% sure that your thumbs are not engaging the slide release, then turn to your magazine for the answer.

this question has been asked at least 10 times, a simple search could have revealed your answer.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
I would guess that the mag may not be engaging the doohickey all the way. Can you try different mags and see if that helps? Can you look into the gun and see if the mag doo hickey is broken misajusted?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this was posted before but my problem seems different. Mags are fine, they work great in the two service models, just do not want to lock back in the tactical. My thumbs are nowhere near the slide lock/release lever, I said I shoot with a thumbs locked down grip. It must be something with the pistol (seems I keep having bad luck with the tacticals). I was looking into possible remedies as far as the pistol goes if any has any. Guess a call to Springfield is next.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
did you pull the slide back past slide lock and insert the empty mag to see if it engages the slide release?

or you can take the slide off and insert the empty mag to see if it engages the slide rlease.

or you can insert an empty mag and rack the slide over and over (about how many rounds you shoot when the problem occurs). if the slide locks open every time, its something other than the mag, if it doesnt, its the mag.

if the mag engages the slide release and your thumbs dont come in contact with it... then the only other thing i can think of is that it may be dirty.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I had a problem with no lock back

I have a Don's rod and a 22# SPRING

I was shooting CCI Blazers

I left a message in Don's form and the thought was that they are loaded a little light

ran 150 rds of WWB through and we are good to go

hope that helps

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rooster, I will try that. I am still diagnosing the problem. Outside of CZs, XDs are the best handguns around so I hate to see them not work right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts