Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was test firing some rounds yesterday all set to 1.26". I had fired 49 others of the same specs and no problem. except one case flew and hit me directly in my glasses. never had that happen before, 800+ rounds. typically cases fly to my 5 o'clock.
the other suspect event was when using the 13 rd mag around the 6 or 7 th round the slide locked back as if it had hit the mag catch, not possible though without an empty mag. Anyone else ever experience this?????

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
I was test firing some rounds yesterday all set to 1.26". I had fired 49 others of the same specs and no problem. except one case flew and hit me directly in my glasses. never had that happen before, 800+ rounds. typically cases fly to my 5 o'clock.
the other suspect event was when using the 13 rd mag around the 6 or 7 th round the slide locked back as if it had hit the mag catch, not possible though without an empty mag. Anyone else ever experience this?????
yep.

...b'cause my grip was hitting the mag catch...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
^ What he said. Two thumbs forward grip. Top thumb is probably slightly pushing up on the slide lock. Doesn't take much for it to catch.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I had to modify my grip a bit when I started shooting the XD. My thumb sits right under the release if I am not careful. Easy to check, just shoot the gun & pay attention to where your thumb is. Move it in, out, up down, you'll find the spot you don't want to be.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I and many others have the opposite problem, where the slide does not lock back after the magazine is empty. This is caused by the thumb holding down the slide lock. I can guarantee this happening to me if I shoot an XD after shooting a 1911 where I ride the thumb safety (with my thumb, duh) and the location of the slide lock on an XD is just about the same spot where the thumb safety is located on a 1911.

Adjust the grip and march on my boy.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I and many others have the opposite problem, where the slide does not lock back after the magazine is empty. This is caused by the thumb holding down the slide lock. I can guarantee this happening to me if I shoot an XD after shooting a 1911 where I ride the thumb safety (with my thumb, duh) and the location of the slide lock on an XD is just about the same spot where the thumb safety is located on a 1911.

Adjust the grip and march on my boy.
Also true, I still do that form time to time shooting fast to supposed slide lock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts