Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get my slide lightened and was wanting to know if and what everyone else has done to their gun. Mine is a xd9 service that I have started shooting uspsa limited with and now I can't stop tinkering with my stuff. I have access to my own milling machine and feel confident that I could do this myself. Is there any do's and don'ts that I would need to pay attention to or would I be better off to just send it off and have it done?

Coffin Cut? Serrated on side???? Which one?:cool::cool:

kenken

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, if you do it yourself, and you mess up, then you own your mess.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Expect to ruin one or more mills cutting through the Melonite. Then plan on some type of refinishing for the slide. Unless you are shooting wimp loads, you will need different recoil springs to compensate for the loss of slide mass. Except for bling factor, don't see much point in lightening a service length slide. Do you already have a trigger kit and aftermarket sights? If not, money better spent there. Won't altering the slide put you into a fairly competitive category for shooting a combat pistol?

·
Registered
6,098 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
crazy stuff..3 thumbs up!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Prestine decorative anodizing. It may not serve to improve the firearm's performance but it sure is a great way to personalize it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It may not serve a big purpose but it sure does look awesome. :cool:
Think I may take the plunge. Like the V-shape the best.

kenken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts