Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ... I tried to use the search function.... and got NUMEROUS results... but all were pertaining to the use of white Crayon..

I am looking for the specialized "color sticks" that are used to fill in the lettering on the slide. Someone posted the website here not too long ago...I think it may have been Overkill.... I could be mistaken though...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I remember the thread but I'm not sure what it was they used.
I used a liquid paper pin it stays on better than cayon. Just make sure you don't get any outside the letters. I did and it was a bear to get it out.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I saw what you are looking for at http://www.xd-hs2000.com/ , for some reason at the moment the website is not coming up but keep trying.He has sells a few different colors I don't remember the price.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
you can usually get them at your local hardware store. If you strike out, James, if he's out, McMaster Carr has about everything

·
Registered
463 Posts
Those sticks that Ajames sells say they are permanent? Has anyone used them and then tried to remove the finish? Just wondering how permanent they are. I plan to white out the lettering on my black XD for now. But eventually I want to hard chrome it and black out the lettering. Would the company who does the hard chrome strip it first? Or should I make sure that I only white it out with something easily removable?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
brake cleaner and a toothbrush will take it out. I use these at work and that is how we "unmark" things if we aren't grinding/milling the area off.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
20 guns?

dang son, you coloring the whole gun before wiping it off?

We use those things around the shop to white in stamped letters all the time and one paint stick normally lasts us around a year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also used the white crayon and I think it looks awesome!

Thinking about getting it chromed though. Might have to get a BARSTO trigger first.

-Jared

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Grizzly660 said:
I also used the white crayon and I think it looks awesome!

Thinking about getting it chromed though. Might have to get a BARSTO trigger first.

-Jared
Rich at canyon creeks triggers are awsome .never felt a barsto my self.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts