Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I'm new to this board and looking at purchasing an XD Tactical in 9mm. I have been researching it from several sources and have noticed some differences in the pictures that I have been seeing. It looks like there are grooves at the front end of the slide that are located just above the serial number. But, in other pictures I see them located a little forward of the serial number. I like the look of the latter myself. What is the difference between these two variants?

Thanks guys heres a link:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/XD9401HC.html

The springfield homepage has both on their site:
http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-long.shtml

And here is the pic of the grooves over the serial#:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/SS-13346.html

·
Registered
293 Posts
On my Tactical the serrations are above the SN#.
I have never seen the other location, can you provide a link so I can see it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
therooster said:
ones probably just a newer model(serations to the front). i doubt there is anything different mechanicaly about the guns.
It looks like the serial number on one has more digits than the other, so I'd guess this is correct, except I think it was the one with the more rearward grooves that had the longer serial number, but I can't go back to check while typing...

·
Registered
182 Posts
if you look closely at the picture of the one with the serrations over top of it, you see 2 lines on the bottom front part of the slide. I have 13 years experience with Photoshop and that picture SCREAMS of an editing job. my guess is that someone took a pic of a service model and made it look like a tactical.

plus some of the pics of "olive drab" ones are way too green. and other guns have different serial number on the slide as on the barrel.

most likely thy didn't have all of the guns in stock at the time to take the pictures so they doctored a few. no big woop.

·
Registered
53 Posts
synchro said:
if you look closely at the picture of the one with the serrations over top of it, you see line on the bottom part of the slide. I have 13 years experience with photoshop and that picture SCREAMS on editing job. my guess is that someone took a pic of a service model and made it look like a tactical.
Good eye... The color of the front of the slide is a little off too. S.A. could tell us, the serial number is US403127.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have my XD-9 Tactical in my hand and the press check serrations are right above the SN#'s.

I looked at an XD-40 Tactical at my local dealer yesterday and the serrations are right above the the SN#'s on that pistol too.

I think the photos with the serrations forward of the sn#'s are retouched, not the other way around.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Springfield web site shows them in both locations - so the pictures are real.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts