Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my XD-40 the other day and noticed what appears to be a crack in the uderside of my slide!! I've only put 250rds of WWB 180gr fmj through it and am a little concerned.
The crack is on the right side just behind the breach face if you are holding it upside down and looking down at it. The crack runs horizontal all the way across the from side to side. I will try to get some decent pics of the crack and post them for a better idea of what I am talking about. Has anyone else had their slide crack in the same area? I am concerned that this would happen so quickly or at all, especially after so few rounds! Any help or info is appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to host @ image shack and after several attempts, it still will not let me upload them there.....the sight is running extremely slow......

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
PM sent.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
don't worry about it. Call SA tomorrow morning and tell them how pissed you are. You can probably swing something sweet from them while they have the gun, like a new finish or night sights. Worth a shot...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think this goes beyond trying to get something for nothing. If the slide is cracked or cracking, isn't that a major defect in the manufacturing process? One that could lead to a critical breakdown of the gun, right?

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Lifetime Warranty=good!
They will take care of it, call 'em, be nice, and it'll all be squared away in no time.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
He said he sent me an email with the pic.. It didn't get through to me though.. I gave him an alternate email addy just in case the problem is on my end.. if/when it gets here.. I will share with everyone.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
try photobucket.com

1 - 20 of 48 Posts