Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a post on this on a few forums. People are finishing their slides with Duplicolor 1200* High Heat Enamel w/ Ceramic.

Excellent Ceramic Base Paint for Refinishing Firearms - THR
Excellent Ceramic Paint for Refinishing Firearms - Glock Talk

Baking the finishes, many people are saying the finish holds up very well to solvents, etc. because it was made to withstand oil & gas.

Very price effective and durable as well. Cheaper then KG or Norrell's by tenfold.
What do you guys think? Anyone done it?

Pictures:

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
man i'd love to do that to my colt defender! dunno how baking my aluminum frame would work out though.. any thoughts? i got an old toaster oven i could use:)

my winchester 1300 could use a decent coat of that too.. but me thinks wifey (or at the very least Mother in law) would wait till the gun was done, reassembled and then shoot me with said gun.

cheers

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Wow, that looks really nice. Sounds like it will hold up too! Who want to be the first to do it on their XD? I don't mind my wear...

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I've seen a lot of rifles done with it. Cheap to re-do when it wears. I did a pistol in the Wheeler Engineering ceramic coat, and I couldn't be happier. No wear in a couple of years in my truck.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I wonder how it holds up compared to Moly Resin...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts