Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry, i know not an ak....please re-direct thread if necessary.

but was wondering what the general value of a chinese norinco sks would be. i know that is kind of vague, but it's approximately 10 years old and has all matching numbers....thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, gunbroker is showing prices all over the map.....everything from $300-$600+. is any chinese norinco under 300 a decent deal currently??

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
sorry, i know not an ak....please re-direct thread if necessary.

but was wondering what the general value of a chinese norinco sks would be. i know that is kind of vague, but it's approximately 10 years old and has all matching numbers....thanks.

Depends on if it still has its bayonet, if its a Sino, or if its a military issue weapon, if its a commercial weapon, which arsenal it came from, 16" or 20" barrel, a person is a collector or just a guy looking for an SKS...$200-$500, sometimes more for other little features..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys.

i realize it's only worth what you're willing to pay for it, but i thought it was a good deal (not looking to make a profit off it) and it is only for occasional plinking, nothing serious. is it fairly easy to put a bayonet on and is it possible to accept magazines on these types of sks's??

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
If it says "Norinco" on it...its not Sino-Soviet.

A good condition, 80s made Norinco marked SKS ought to retail for around 250-400 bucks.

If you're selling one...I'd reconsider. There have not been any Chinese firearms brought into the USA for quite some time and may never be brought in again. It will only go up in value from here. If you're despirate for cash...take no less than 250-300 for it..but I'd try like mad NOT to sell it.

The Chinese military SKSs made in the 60s/70s usually bring more money, but the Norinco SKSs ARE going up in value as time goes on.

My Chinese SKS is a 1963 made Factory 316 military SKS with a milled receiver and blade bayonet brought back from Vietnam. I'd never sell it...ever.

Good luck..

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
If it says "Norinco" on it...its not Sino-Soviet.

A good condition, 80s made Norinco marked SKS ought to retail for around 250-400 bucks.

If you're selling one...I'd reconsider. There have not been any Chinese firearms brought into the USA for quite some time and may never be brought in again. It will only go up in value from here. If you're desperate for cash...take no less than 250-300 for it..but I'd try like mad NOT to sell it.

The Chinese military SKSs made in the 60s/70s usually bring more money, but the Norinco SKSs ARE going up in value as time goes on.

My Chinese SKS is a 1963 made Factory 316 military SKS with a milled receiver and blade bayonet brought back from Vietnam. I'd never sell it...ever.

Good luck..

- brickboy240
^^ what he said..

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
I remember when they were $99 a pop.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yep...I bought a new, unissued Norinco 80s SKS and a new unissued Russian 1952 Tula SKS back in 1989 for 70 buck each at a gun show. There were tables and tables of them.

Who knew back then?

- Brickboy240

PS: a case of the best Norinco ammo went for about 65 bucks per 1000 rounds....those were the days!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Yep...I bought a new, unissued Norinco 80s SKS and a new unissued Russian 1952 Tula SKS back in 1989 for 70 buck each at a gun show. There were tables and tables of them.

Who knew back then?

- Brickboy240

PS: a case of the best Norinco ammo went for about 65 bucks per 1000 rounds....those were the days!

just think in 10 years people will be saying that about Mosin Nagants, and you will be kicking your self in the ass for not buying a crate for $1200. from centerfire LOL

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Sure!

Hell, just about any milsurp you see that hovers around the 100 dollar mark...better snap one up and rathole it away.

I saw tables of 100 dollar Enfields, Swede, German, Persian and Brazillian Mausers, Makarovs, SKSs and other goodies disappear then show up ten years later as 300 + dollar items. Kicking myself for not buying more Russian SKSs when they were 75 bucks and E. German Makarovs like my new 125 dollar beauty.

Yeah....if you have the extra dough....I'd definately squirrel away a nice M44 and (since they're still cheap) a M48 Yugo Mauser. Anything else in the 100 dollar range that is in decent shape and has all matching numbers.

If the pattern holds true....all that stuff WILL go up in value. I haven't seen ANY of it go down and the rise of some stuff has really shocked me.

Ditto for the ammo. Believe it or not, you used to be able to shoot 303 British, 7.62x54, 8x57 and 7.62x39 cheaper than you could 22 magnum! If you see cheap surplus (like the very good Romanian 8mm and Polish 54R) better squirrel some away.

- Brickboy240

1 - 11 of 11 Posts