Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a student having accuracy issues during a class so I test fired the weapon to see what was happening. It indeed had a 8-inch drop over 8 yards. The only thing I can say is it was consistent with every round. I suggested he contact Springfield and see what they had to say. In short, he sent it back and they did some testing and indeed there was an issue. Their corrective action was to replace the rear site with a suppressor height site. Has anyone been experiencing site/accuracy issues with their XD 40 and if so is this the corrective action Springfield took to correct the issue?

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Holy!

8 inch over 8 yards?!!!

Does it zero with the suppressor-height rear?

What's the trajectory/external ballistics like with 115 to 124 gr. range-fodder (any will be fine), over the span of 3 yards to 100 yards?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He just got it back today so we haven't had a chance to get back to the range yet. I just thought it odd that they would just throw a suppressor rear site on it and call it good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That was actually SA's fix for the problem? He sent it back to the factory and that's what they did? Has he shot other handguns more or less to point of aim?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I had a student having accuracy issues during a class so I test fired the weapon to see what was happening. It indeed had a 8-inch drop over 8 yards. The only thing I can say is it was consistent with every round. I suggested he contact Springfield and see what they had to say. In short, he sent it back and they did some testing and indeed there was an issue. Their corrective action was to replace the rear site with a suppressor height site. Has anyone been experiencing site/accuracy issues with their XD 40 and if so is this the corrective action Springfield took to correct the issue?
Had an XD tac have that problem . Springfield replaced the barrel. Alls fine with it now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was actually SA's fix for the problem? He sent it back to the factory and that's what they did? Has he shot other handguns more or less to point of aim?
Yes, that was the fix from SA

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
A taller rear sight sounds like a short cut. 8" low at 8 yards is a huge number. Was it a new gun? Did it have aftermarket sights or barrel? Did you shoot it from a rest?

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Something is way retarded. And that "fix" is absolutely unacceptable.

Too much meat in the slide at the muzzle?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Something is way retarded. And that "fix" is absolutely unacceptable.

Too much meat in the slide at the muzzle?
That was my thought too. I have a couple of Springfields and haven't had any problems so I have never dealt with their repair shop. This just sounded a little hacky

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A taller rear sight sounds like a short cut. 8" low at 8 yards is a huge number. Was it a new gun? Did it have aftermarket sights or barrel? Did you shoot it from a rest?
It was a new gun with factory sights. Didn't have to shoot it from a rest all rounds were consistently 8 inches low

·
Registered
29,736 Posts
I'm having a hard time believing this.

Having the sights that far out of regulation means something is wrong with the barrel and/or the barrel fit.

I have my doubts SA's fix would be to just drop a suppressor rear on it.

If they did, their legendary customer support is slipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a range report yet?
No. I've been out of town for a funeral. I will possibly be able to meet him this weekend. If I do I'll post back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not to threadjack, but how does one go about contacting Springfield about issues like the one discussed here? I wrote to them (at "[email protected]") over a week ago but have yet to hear back. Not even an auto-response acknowledgement.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I would not accept that as a fix. If the pistol can't fire accurately with stock sights, replace the pistol! Come on, Springfield, stand by your product (and your customers).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts