Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
well thats a good price/fair price on a bullet proof gun, i am not a fan of the .40 cal, if it was 10mm or a .45 i would buy one just to have it, and pop my glock cherry.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
2nd generation without a rail, that's about the going price. Nothing to get excited about, but if it makes you happy, can't beat it.

10mm for $350, give me a break :roll:

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Your gonna hate me. I am allowed to purchase up to two GLOCKs a year at $399 new. And another cool thing; I live in Smyrna, GA. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
If I move to Ga can I buy 2 Glocks a year for $399????????????? NC taxes are too damn high anyway!!!

Gunfight Rule Number 1: Bring a Gun!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your gonna hate me. I am allowed to purchase up to two GLOCKs a year at $399 new. And another cool thing; I live in Smyrna, GA. :mrgreen:
Okay Ranger how you getting that price? and where?

Love our great state...10 days and hello ccw

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Okay Ranger how you getting that price? and where?

Love our great state...10 days and hello ccw
Glock has a program for LEO's that allow us to buy directly from them at dealer cost....I bought my G27 under this program for $379 a few years back. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the Dark SIde!!!!!!

I have had my g22 for a couple of years now..... I Love It!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
"Around 1:50 a.m., as Burress fumbled with the glass in his hand, the .40-caliber Glock slipped down his leg, and as he grabbed at it, he accidentally pulled the trigger and shot himself in the thigh. Witnesses reported hearing a “pop” as his legs started to quiver and the pistol dropped from his pant leg to the floor...."

"...As the doctor patched him up and they realized the wound wasn’t serious..."

Sorry that's not a combo (.40 caliber Glock) I would choose. First it goes off with a surprise and then does little damage even at point blank distance.

I'll stick with my XD .45ACP

Chapie+

·
Registered
516 Posts
Im pick my g29 up the day after christmas im so excited my first glock and first 10mm ive been waiting to get one for a while.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
"Around 1:50 a.m., as Burress fumbled with the glass in his hand, the .40-caliber Glock slipped down his leg, and as he grabbed at it, he accidentally pulled the trigger and shot himself in the thigh. Witnesses reported hearing a “pop” as his legs started to quiver and the pistol dropped from his pant leg to the floor...."

Sorry that's not a combo (.40 caliber Glock) I would choose. First it goes off with a surprise and then does little damage even at point blank distance.

Chapie+

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Glock has a program for LEO's that allow us to buy directly from them at dealer cost....I bought my G27 under this program for $379 a few years back. :D
FWIW, the same applies to those who hold a "Commercial Pilot's License." There's a thread going on in an aviation forum I'm on about this; several guys have printed off the form and/or contacted Glock directly and they have confirmed it. Some guys already have their discounted Glocks on the way! Just passing it along to my fellow aviators.

HK has a deal similar to this, but you have to be either a Pt 121 pilot (airline or cargo), or basically, your passengers must be screened by the TSA. I don't meet the HK deal, but I do meet the Glock req's. I'm thinking about looking into it! I already have a 3rd Gen G19, but wouldn't mind selling it for a little profit and having a new G19 to boot, hehe.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Is that really your best response?

Guy accidentally pops himself in the leg at point blank range and even then it isn't serious.

This does not inspire confidence in either the gun or the caliber.

Yeah, I know it is popular, especially with law enforcement. I just don't like the combo. I could buy them cheap too. I got my Glock 26 years back through the same offer - hated the gun and finally traded it away.

Chapie+

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I think the fact that your sig is War Eagle is enough to hate you!

RRRROOOLLLLL TIDE!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

hahahaha Glad you guys had a good year though. You guys deserve it.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts

Chapie+
Yeha, but I had a co-woker who was shot in the leg, chest, and FACE with a 1911 in .45 on a warrant service, and that far from killed him. I think its a good arguement for the S&W .500! :D hehehe

·
Registered
29,763 Posts

Chapie+
I'm willing to bet if you "accidently" pull the trigger on your XD it'll go off as well (particulary if you make a grab for it, and reflexively grab the grip). And if the bullet just grazes your leg, the docs'll probably say it isn't serious, too...

Seriously. The logic you put forth is severely lacking. The odds are if he'd had an XD45 in the same situation, the same result would've happened.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts