Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Under current laws, any rifle that is based on a banned "assault rifle" type can be imported if it does not meet "assault rifle" criteria.

Some of these criteria include "high capacity magazine capability" (legal term, and no bearing on reality), and cosmetic features such as pistol grips and bayonet lugs.

The WASR-10 in it's most basic forum has no threaded muzzle, no bayonet lug, and uses a special proprietary single feed 10 round magazine. In this form, the basic WASR-10 is considered a "sporting rifle".

Century owns bonded warehouses and they import and convert these WASR-10s into surplus-mag-using rifles by adding US parts as required by the 922r laws. The newer WASR-10/63 and other variants with bayonet lugs and such are imported in this fashion.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Can you even get single stack AK mags??? Single stack mags will give you far less capacity. You will get close to if not double the capacity in a double stack mag. Single stack mags have the bullets stacked right on top of each other and tend to be much thinner. Double stack mags have the bullets stacked off set so the mags are wider but allow you to get more bullets in the same length but like I said wider package. IMHO with an AK the width of your mag will not really be a factor. You want the double stack mags, you can get a whole lot more shooting in without having to reload!!! Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Of course, I had to buy 10 round mags for mine because of our mag restrictions. Got a single stack...... what a piece of shat!!!!!! NEVER get a single stack, I couldnt get one shot off with out the bolt getting caught on the mag. I finally found double stack 10 rounders and got a few. Also picked up some 30 round mags and blocked them to 15 including the ones that came with mine.

·
Registered
530 Posts
oh the difference lol.

A single stack mag fits the rounds into it in one single stack straight down the mag, such as your average 1911 mags. A double stack mag fits the rounds into two stacks such as your average XD45 mag. Single stack mags are really thin and that is why it would bounce around in my AK and catch the bolt.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Of course, I had to buy 10 round mags for mine because of our mag restrictions. Got a single stack...... what a piece of shat!!!!!! NEVER get a single stack, I couldnt get one shot off with out the bolt getting caught on the mag. I finally found double stack 10 rounders and got a few. Also picked up some 30 round mags and blocked them to 15 including the ones that came with mine.
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, but I just picked up a WASR-10. Frank, how did you block them off to 15 rounds?

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
You can't use single stack mags in an AK that takes double stack mags...unless you add spacers to the mag body to keep it centered in the mag well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts