Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have started my build with a Spikes stripped lower, Mako grip and stock. Now for the trigger; i am looking at a Spikes enhanced (battle trigger) lower kit or a RRA two stage lower kit? Feel free to toss out any other recommendations. Upper will a 22 or 24 inch stainless barrel on JD receiver (complete). Gun is for plinking and fun (a truck gun).:)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm currently using the RRA 2 stage National Match trigger group and Superior Systems Springs on my current rifle and love it! But I don't have much experience with anything other then stock triggers. My current build I'm using the CMMG fire control group that I swapped out of my of LPK on my current rifle for the RRA and a set of Superior Systems Springs on this one too. The second build is not complete so I can't give you an opinion on that set up yet... Alot of people like the Geissele trigger groups but they are pricey!

·
Registered
838 Posts
That really depends on your intended use. This chart for Geiselle triggers may help clarify for you.

http://geissele.com/pdfs/ApplicationGuide.pdf

Types of triggers it refers to.

Geissele Automatics - Quality Triggers for the Warfighter and Competitor - Search=

Generally speaking, two stage triggers are better for precision shooting and single stage for fast, combat type shooting. However, many modern designs cross and blur the lines. Lighter pulls are harder to control under stress whereas heavier pulls are harder to use for precision. As everything, it is a compromise and choice is dictated by use.

Std., GI type triggers are single stage, heavy pull units and compromised to enhance safety and avoid accidental discharge. Lighter, two stage triggers are now in use by some, elite, combat units.

The Geiselles get great reviews and are known for durability whereas some other, less expensive two stage types suffer from a reputation for very short life before they get sloppy and lose the "stop" between stages.

·
Registered
791 Posts
love my RRA 2 stager, compaired to an LMT i shot that has a single stage i feel the two stage works better for me

·
Registered
768 Posts
Not tryin' to hijack your thread OP but what about the NM 2 stage triggers? Any good?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got the two stage on my RRA Tactical A-4. So crisp and light, I love it. Good luck with your build!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I have both Spike's Battle Trigger on a 14.5" Spike's and Geisselle SSA on a 16" Spike's ...Both are great but I prefer the SSA...It's a more crisp break...:)

·
Registered
780 Posts
I've got the two stage on my RRA Tactical A-4. So crisp and light, I love it. Good luck with your build!
If you think its crisp now try using a set of Superior Shooting Systems National Match spring set with it. You will definately notice a very nice difference! Yes it does get even better...

·
Registered
829 Posts
I use a stage 1 bill springfield trigger and I really like it. Cheap and relaible. I think it's awesome for an all around AR.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I like my RRA NM trigger.

Sure there's better out there, but a 1% gain in performance at the cost of reliability or something I don't believe is worth the $250+, I'm not interested.

It came with the gun, and I've always loved that trigger, even comparing it against some higher end stuff. It's preference, it just has the right feel for something inbetween a competition and self defense gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts