Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a single single-stack mag holder for my Shield for several weeks. Okay, the Shield isn't exactly single-stack but it's pretty close. I've bought a holster from 5.11 and Uncle Mike's but not really in love with either.

So walking through Walmart and browsing the flashlights I saw this flashlight holster by Nite-Ize.

Bonus is it has a really nice belt clip (fits 1.75" belts) that rotates 360 degrees so at the very least you can rotate it sideways in line with your belt.

Here it is with my Shield 8-round mag...

Fits snug, still pulls out easily, stays clipped to my belt. Cost... Under $10

Sent from the county jail.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I like it...fairly discrete too. Do you think it will hold a Glock 26 or 19 mag?

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think short double-stack mags could fit. The sides do expand because it's made for varying sizes of flashlights.

If you can find it at WM, you could probably pull a spare mag out of your pocket and try it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Nice find

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Of course my local WM didn't have it or any .22 ammo. But they did have a heckuva deal on toilet paper, the good kind. Hard to hold a grudge with that deal :lol:

I'll check a few other stores.

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't find one, let me know and I can prolly ship it to you for about 3 bucks.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Here is the same flashlight holster (thanks to cherryzxd9!) with a 15 round Glock 19 mag:

My Glock 26 & 30s mags also fit. The 30s mags are a little tighter. The 9mm mags aren't going anywhere...the are very snug. Great idea & thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I just ordered one on ebay. $7.75 free shipping. At that price I will take a chance.
I think you will like it. To be honest, the double stack mags are very tight and hard to draw at first. I found that if I leave the mag base sticking up a little more it is easy to grab and quickly yank up.

Single stack mags are perfect though.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It's threads like this one that make me love this forum. Nicely done, gents!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think you will like it. To be honest, the double stack mags are very tight and hard to draw at first. I found that if I leave the mag base sticking up a little more it is easy to grab and quickly yank up.

Single stack mags are perfect though.
Should be good then. It's for the 7 rd extended mag for my shield 40.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had this exact pouch for carrying a flashlight but had issues with it falling off at inopportune times. I like the idea of it as a mag holder but would hate to lose a mag. Is the one I bought just defective or do yall have trouble getting them to stay. The case just falls off the belt clip I just tried a magazine and just the weight of the magazine causes it to snap off.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I picked one of these up. It's okay I guess. YMMV.

Things I don't like about it:

It's huge compared to my XDS mags. It makes the flush mag like two inches longer and three times as thick. Definitely not a low profile setup. It prints WAY more than any of my pistols.

My mags will not sit flat in it. One side or the other's elastic pushes one edge up so the mag always sits twisted.

The belt clip rotates but doesn't lock into position. The pivot point is not centered either. I was hoping to use it horizontally but it just rotates all over the place when I move around.

I will either return it ($8.97 from the local walmart) or keep it for the rare occasion I carry a full size, double stack pistol... or maybe I'll try it with a flashlight.

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine stays clipped on, never had it fall off... I'd return as defective.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts