Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone hear anything as of late about a polymer single stack release in 9mm or .40? i've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting..... still waiting

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Still no.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Why wait,wait ,wait, and wait some more for something that will never come in the form of an XD,when there are so many good ones already on the market?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why wait,wait ,wait, and wait some more for something that will never come in the form of an XD,when there are so many good ones already on the market?
i already own a kahr pm9 which in my opinion is at the top of the spectrum, id just love to see what those croatians could come up with.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Buy a Glock 36, and forget this silly idea :p

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Why would you want a single stack xd? if you want single stack, get a 1911 and be done!

What's a single stack?
single stack is a single column magazine where the ammo is stacked directly on top of each other. rather than the double stack of an xd where the ammo is staggered in the mag.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not from SA, but I believe Beretta recently announced a new single stack pocket pistol.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i should have clearified, a "single stack polymer pocket pistol" i'd love a 1911 but too big for comfortable concealment.

sorry AZXD i am not a glock fan, i do give them respect for being innovative and bringing the polymer pistol to the world, just not for me.

i'm happy with my kahr but like i typed, i'd love to see what the croatians could design.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
i should have clearified, a "single stack polymer pocket pistol" i'd love a 1911 but too big for comfortable concealment.

sorry AZXD i am not a glock fan, i do give them respect for being innovative and bringing the polymer pistol to the world, just not for me.

i'm happy with my kahr but like i typed, i'd love to see what the croatians could design.
I'd rather they spend their time developing a 22 conversion, but that doesn't seem like it will happen this century, either.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I'd rather they spend their time developing a 22 conversion, but that doesn't seem like it will happen this century, either.
I agree, a 22cal xd/m would be great! that and someone should make a 1911 22mag!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Why would you want a single stack xd? if you want single stack, get a 1911 and be done!

single stack is a single column magazine where the ammo is stacked directly on top of each other. rather than the double stack of an xd where the ammo is staggered in the mag.
Thanks.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Whats the point? Why? I dont get it.
The XD's are double stack with the grip thickness of a single stack...so why bother?
There's no benefit.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Whats the point? Why? I dont get it.
The XD's are double stack with the grip thickness of a single stack...so why bother?
There's no benefit.
The only real benefit comes in deep concealment and comfort while concealing. It is both easier and more comfortable to conceal a single stack. Particularly when IWB is the preferred method of carry. If you were to carry a xdsc for a day, and then carry a Kahr for a day, I think the benefit would be evident. Single stacks are typically lighter weight, which also helps. I personally would like to see a "factory grip chop" of a service model. (A 9mm and 40 with a 4in. barrel on a sub-compact frame). I think is would sell better than a single stack xd.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry to build false hype, thats not what i'm going for.
i just figured with all the competition out there and the fact that 9 and 40 pocketish guns are selling like hotcakes that SA/HS produkt would be all over it.
if beretta saw the need and released the nano i would think SA would be soon to follow, not to mention tons of forum members thought the competition 5.25 was actually gona b a pocket single stack and were disappointed when it wasnt.
guess il keep loving my kahr PM9.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
i already own a kahr pm9 which in my opinion is at the top of the spectrum, id just love to see what those croatians could come up with.
Agree I would have loved to see the XD9 in a single stack. Got tired of waiting and like you I also went to the PM9.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Agree I would have loved to see the XD9 in a single stack. Got tired of waiting and like you I also went to the PM9.
Same here, pm9 and pocket holster.

The small pocket pistol field is flooded with good pistols, SA would have to have some thing very different to get any of the market share.

don

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same here, pm9 and pocket holster.

The small pocket pistol field is flooded with good pistols, SA would have to have some thing very different to get any of the market share.

don
dare i say that there are many good pistol companies offering all types of polymer pistols yet SA felt the hs2000 was good enough to back and market like mad. i think SA/HS produkt has enough impressed customers with their current polymers that if they too offer some type of polymer single stack whether all that different or not they will get a nice market share.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts