Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If it is the size of the 42 it will probably be a really good selling gun. I looked at the 42 before I bought my XDs but did not want a .380 belt gun... A .380 is a pocket gun... If Glock makes it what many people said the 42 should have been...

Is anyone really surprised by this news? As soon as the 42 was announced in .380 it was universally understood that the 9mm version was coming a year later... :)

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I have, on good authority (Internet rumors), information that Glock will introduce a single stack 9mm later this year.

:lol:

It would sell like heck though.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
If this was last year and I had to decide between this and my Shield, I'd go with the Glock all day long. Now I'm all set, my Shield suits me nicely.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Glock 42.5????

Single stacks were so 2013!
Glock 42x19
It's only logical. I expect it to be the size of a 26 with thickness shaved off.
Glock does funny things.
If it is the size of the 42 it will probably be a really good selling gun. I looked at the 42 before I bought my XDs but did not want a .380 belt gun... A .380 is a pocket gun... If Glock makes it what many people said the 42 should have been...

Is anyone really surprised by this news? As soon as the 42 was announced in .380 it was universally understood that the 9mm version was coming a year later... :)
I don't think the size of the 42 can handle full power 9 mm loads. My 42 makes my XDs feel huge.
I bet Carl already has one ordered!
Yup.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
If they sell like mad I will never see one in my town until a year or two after it comes out.

The local gun shops are terribly slow to get new models.

·
Registered
804 Posts
If they sell like mad I will never see one in my town until a year or two after it comes out.

The local gun shops are terribly slow to get new models.
If it is actually the size of the G42, then there will be plenty of "lightly used" ones that are for sale. New shooters and ladies that buy it for it's size and weight will shoot it once and run away from it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
If it is actually the size of the G42, then there will be plenty of "lightly used" ones that are for sale. New shooters and ladies that buy it for it's size and weight will shoot it once and run away from it. :lol:
Bah, the Kahr CM9 is smaller than the G42. If Kahr can do it, there's no reason Glock can't either.

The G42 should have been designed around the 9x19 round to begin with, but I guess they wanted to produce a ladies's gun for a change. No offense @CarlWinslo. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Bah, the Kahr CM9 is smaller than the G42. If Kahr can do it, there's no reason Glock can't either.

The G42 should have been designed around the 9x19 round to begin with, but I guess they wanted to produce a ladies's gun for a change. No offense @CarlWinslo. ;)
Yeah, God forbid that Glock build a pistol that is shootable instead of building a "man's gun" that causes every man who shoots it to bitch and moan like a little girl with a skinned knee... :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Yeah, God forbid that Glock build a pistol that is shootable instead of building a "man's gun" that causes every man who shoots it to bitch and moan like a little girl with a skinned knee... :lol:
I guess they had to chamber it in .380 so that it would still function properly with the locking block removed.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts