Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't see this question...

Are you paranoid about signing up for the door prizes at gun shows? I personally don't know where that info ends up, and I don't want a printed version of my name and address as a gun show attendee?

Am I being overly cautious?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I my opinion, yes you are.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yes...definitely overly cautious...unless you are doing something at the gunshow that is illegal, unethical or otherwise inappropriate...then I wouldn't want my name printed out there either. Chill out, man...it is just a door prize drawing.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I don't like signing up at any show for those things. They usually result in sales calls for gym memberships or some such thing. If it's just name and email, I use my "spam" email addy, not my "real" one.

(I use hotmail for when I know I'm going to get spammed, same my domain one for family and people I know.)

The fact that it's at a gun show doesn't bother me at all.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I give my name and address and phone number to nearly nobody and certainly not to sign up for anything 'free'.

Not so much paranoid as sick of salesmen of all kinds.

One range wanted my SSN to shoot so I gave them 223-38-3006 and they didn't say a word. Duh.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The only thing they do with those door prize entries is get your name and address so that they can mail you postcards to tell you when another gun show is coming to your area.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
If gov't operatives wanted to know who was hanging out at gun shows they'd just walk thru the parking lot and collect license plate #s. :neutral:

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
If gov't operatives wanted to know who was hanging out at gun shows they'd just walk thru the parking lot and collect license plate #s. :neutral:
I would just call up Jack Bauer and have him find out who all the suicide bombers and people who drink straight from the milk carton are.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I searched and didn't see this question...

Are you paranoid about signing up for the door prizes at gun shows? I personally don't know where that info ends up, and I don't want a printed version of my name and address as a gun show attendee?

Am I being overly cautious?

yes

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
dont give your soc number out like everyone wants you to, but a door prize is harmless, i wouldnt give phone number either. If i did it would be a land line phone, not my cell phone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts