Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(link at bottom)

I know I may not be the favorite person on the board due to some of my run ins with various people on political related views, and that some people may not agree with me. On this issue, I believe I do speak for many many people here, and I request your support.

With the growing popularity of the XD, the forum has begun to change its dynamics. With this change in dynamic, we are ever increasingly becoming a target of hackers, trolls, and morons. Recently, we have a new member, Cmptrn3rd, has turned the forum into a hostile place, full of combative posts aimed at touching peoples buttons. People who are usually quiet, have expressed great disliking for this new member

We have tried our traditional means for correcting forum behavior to get the new member to tone down, but frankly, this member refuses to reform his behavior. He has been the topic of at least 4 individual threads complaining about him, which has been UNHEARD OF IN MY 10 MONTHS HERE.

I know the spirit of the board is that we were able to self moderate and that has since changed in recent months. I myself believe and appreicate the way the old way the forum was run, however I recognize times change with the ever increasing popularity of the forum. I know I have had to change how I approach the board recently due to some of the combative nature some of the threads have gone that have dismayed some oldtimers.

However, when members say:
"Yes please ignore me. I dont see why you guys still want to talk about me. I understand Im pushing your buttons and I could care less too but if you want it to stop then stop feeding me. If you dont like what I post then dont respond to it. Be better than me or something. " (http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=167454#167454)

With quotes like this and worse, there is nothing we can do to change this behavior. This kid cannot contribute to the board in his current state maturity and lack of respect for the 5000+ members here who consider this place a home on the internet. We need to keep members who contribute greatly around, members who lurk, and even members with different views, and anyone else who enjoys this forum around, and frankly, both sides of the spectrum grown increasingly hostile to this member

Unfortunately, I think the board needs to have some serious and drastic moderating action done.
The old ways of correcting behavior on the forum are not working. Some people cannot and will not respond to the old ways of doing things.

As such, I am respectfully requesting YOUR support on this petition drive to remove this member from the forum permanently or at a minimum, a substantial length ban/grounding. This is a serious problem, and I request that you take action with me.

Below is a petition link. I am doing it this way instead of a poll so there will be no anonymous votes by voting. I would prefer that you make a statement by making your nickname public for the record of the forum. However, I recognize certain people don’t like being activists, and only then, if you are completely uncomfortable, can you PM with your concerns and alternative messages.

Please, I ask that you do not make this a thread to flame. If you would like you show support, please reply “You have my support”, but make no more personal references/insults regarding this member. As for comments on the petition, please try to remain professional and express your concerns like you would express them to your grandmother with virgin ears.

http://gopetition.com/online/5876.html

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Sorry man, can't sign it.

I believe in free speech. Even if I don't like what's being said.

I can honestly say I have not responded to a single thing this kid has said, nor he me. I can live with that.

Raymond

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Captain Ray said:
Sorry man, can't sign it.

I believe in free speech. Even if I don't like what's being said.

I can honestly say I have not responded to a single thing this kid has said, nor he me. I can live with that.

Raymond
And I believe in a private forums right to remain enjoying the good thing we got. Free speech applies to the government, not us. We do not need to tolerate someone who pushes more members away than he contributes

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am in agreement with Ray. Whether or not he should be banned is not up to us. I realize he has many useless posts but so do alot of other people. He has not threatened anyone or caused anything more than an annoyance. If and when the admin thinks it is necessary to ban him I am sure they can handle it.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
I agree that free speech is not constitutionally valid on a private forum, but I would betray my personal values by signing it.
Ignoring the little punk from now on will be my tact.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I agree that the forum is getting more loose in the content and certain individuals are the cause of such discussions. That said, even though I don't agree with what some say, if you ban people because they annoy you, no one will be left on this board.

I say this to everyone. This forum is a community, public/private/virtual/etc. If you feel the need to vent or be a jerk, do it somewhere else. This is a forum dedicated to the Springfield XD/HS2000. If you don't want to talk XD, find another forum. Sure, there are non-XD discussion areas, but those still are not places to post random nonsense (virgin?, etc.).

Please respect everyone and clean it up.

Regards,
Old School

PS: I wish Kermee was around to help with this stuff...

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Old School said:
PS: I wish Kermee was around to help with this stuff...
Hopefully he gets my two page email regarding this issue.

Regardless, it looks like my time on this forum is wasted, and I will be the first to leave if this bullshit continues.

Its up to you. Enjoy the forum, or let it go to hell. NOw is the time to decide

·
Registered
242 Posts
I do not seek attention. I have been a loner all of my life since I was a little guy. I came here to talk about guns and had questions about laws. Whether you felt I was ready for a gun or not I didnt care. You guys thought it cool to have someone to pick on so you attacked me for a lot of things I said. Yes I am young and yes I love guns just not in the same exact ways as you do. I like weapons for their intended purposes of bringing death to people and you cant say that thats not what they are for. Hunting = Death War = Death. Sure you can go shoot at the range and its fun but that was never the true intention of guns. I dont want to argue about this but when you say that I cant like guns because they hurt/kill people, that is just wrong. I dont want to kill people but I like to imagine what it would be like to have to use my weapon for self defense. I used to want to be in the Marines for like the past 7 years and the reason was not to protect my country or help the innocent, it was to go to war and enjoy it. Sure it may sound like I am insane and that I should be locked up and medicated but I think people like what I used to be are the type that would rather be seen in the militaries of the US and of the world. They would not focus on how their buddy got his leg blown off or how they themselves might get a limb torn off but more on tearing the limbs off of the enemy. I agree that is a little crazy but thats what I used to be. But I would much rather go to war next to a crazy killing maniac with skill rather than some guy afraid to get his leg blown off. Im not sorry for who I am but if I continue to stay here, I promise I will stop posting nonsense since noone is interested in hearing them. If I wish to try and help someone with say a gun problem then I would appreciate some respect and not be told that I dont know **** because I havent even fired my gun yet. Treat me as you would like to be treated and dont go into some huddle with your buddies in your own thread on how you would like to treat me and talk about me. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
you know i totally understand how you feel...i myself have not commented to any of his post but have read just about all of them....i dont like what i read and it scares me as well...i guess the saying move out while you know it all comes to mind...i know other forums there is always 1 or 2 people just like him...most take the hint and chill or they move on....i have only seen 1 that i know of that has been banned on another forum...i dont know if he is really there yet but i know if he doesnt catch the hint then i will be more than happy to sign....i ask that we give him a little time to wake up...and if this thread doesnt give him a wake up call then he needs to go....i know i have left several forums for this reason as well...i hate to say but please wake up!!!!! as for everyone else:DONT FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!! and until he proves otherwise thats all he will be to me..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Yep,

Lose em. There isn't such a thing as Free Speech when you have to register and login.

We are racking up too many trolls here. We don't seem to have any moderation. Threads drift off into never never land.

My .02

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I can't even take a sincere response seriously from you.

I have been a loner all of my life since I was a little guy
before you said you were popular in school.

I give up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
CmptrN3rd said:
If I wish to try and help someone with say a gun problem then I would appreciate some respect and not be told that I dont know **** because I havent even fired my gun yet.
I feel people earn respect. You coming in like your hot stuff and giving weapon advice is rediculous. Go ahead if you want to continue to be laughed out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I havent tried to act like a hot shot. A guy asked a really simple easy to answer question, one which I actually DID have experience with and it was answered.

·
Registered
758 Posts
No, I won't sign it because it is not my job too. he he. Old School is the mod, and he can chose to deal with it anyway he cares to.

Of course, the stuff CmptrN3rd spouts would last about 5 seconds over at places like the High Road, but I consider it rather stuffy over there and not anywhere close to home that I consider this place is.

If I were mod, I would warn the kid and then ban him if he keeps it up.

As for CmptrN3rd himself, kid, before you open your mouth, research and learn. You can learn an amazing amount of stuff here. Be cool, learn, research, and if you don't know, please, STFU.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Later guys, I am going to register at the Golf talk forum and teach the people there about proper golf techniques. Will be back in about a week with over 250 posts to my credit.

What do I know about golf? Well, I have been miniature golfing a few times and know how to get the ball into the windmill and make it spin.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
What is with you people saying "It's not my job to sign a petition. The moderator will ban him if he wants to."

I've run a lot of game servers and several forums, and one of the things I LOVED was when my frequent and long time users told me they had a problem with something.

What's the big deal with saying "Hey uh, if you don't mind... this kid bothers me."

If the **** stops, well yay. Hopefully he will have straightened his mind out. If it continues... Well, there goes the neighborhood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have followed this forum I believe since August 2004 and only registered recently. My opinion is my own. We were all young once but did grow up. CmptrN3rd will grow up give him time as I believe all people deserve a second chance. I myself can remember when I was young and would unload many firearms with reckless abandon with a friend. I myself have since grown up and enjoy the shooting sports and now longer have the same views as CmptrN3rd but as I said I have grown up. Give him time. CmptrN3rd please moderate your posts and act responsibly. If you cannot act responsibly then I will support NExd whole heartedly in his endeavor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like weapons for their intended purposes of bringing death to people and you cant say that thats not what they are for.
I'm sure that some of the non-member anti-gun folks who moniter this forum as they do other forums love to see posts with words in them like the quote above. It makes our forum look great. :oops:

I think I'll go on down to the theater and wait till a quiet point in the movie, then I'm going to jump up and yell...FIRE!
Isn't freedom of speech great.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I'm sure he will grow up. But do we need to suffer through his growing pains with him?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts