Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I've heard not so good things...but i dont have any first hand experience.

·
Registered
32 Posts
its funny i owned one and trade it in on a xd. there not a bad gun but the trigger sucks. but for the cost you cant beat it with a stick

·
Registered
263 Posts
I just bought one and have nothing negative to report. It shoots pretty tight despite the fight with the heavy trigger. The trigger is about 8 lbs. but found a Smith and Wesson forum that shows how to lighten it to 5 lbs. For the price you can't beat it..

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick replies guys! I know I can always come here and get like 10 responses in 20 minutes! Awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Couple of my work/range buddies have Sigma's. I like the ergo and the weight is okay. Trigger feels like 80 lbs. instead of 8. All in all, I think I would buy one if the price was right. Prolly will in the future. Did you guys know that the Tennessee Highway Patrol issued the Sigma as a duty weapon as recent as 2004?

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have heard of departments issuing sigmas before... Hey, if it works, it works! Good price too.. I am sure departments are getting them for close to 200 a gun which is a complete steal!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i had one earlier this year i wouldnt mind having another one despite all the bad things you read on here about them i liked mine . trigger is quite a bit heavier than a GLOCK or XD but if your queesy about a light trigger pull the sigma is for you.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a mentor once tell me,

"The trigger pull is always talked about, but you figure, if you get into a gun fight, your finger is not going to know the difference betweet and 8lb, 5lb or a 3 lb. trigger, you will be pulling with as much force as you can!"

If you think about it, it's true! I can see if you are using it for matches, though...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
A Sigma in 9mm was my first pistol - LOVE the gun and will never part with it. Yes, the trigger is a little tight at first, but I've gotten used to it. And now, no other trigger is a problem for me.

I've got probably around 2k rounds through my Sigma, maybe closer to 3k, with no problems that I didn't cause (I let the chamber close on a round that was not fed from the magazine once, after about 1500 rounds, and the extractor broke. S&W fixed it for free).

Great gun for the money.

joe

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i had one hated sooo much. it worked but the trigger was way worse then i have ever felt.
i wouldnt recomend this gun to anyone.

get a bersa. they are great. same price. way more comfortable and way way way better trigger.

my bersa 9mm has never had a jam but my xd has twice

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Pros : They are dead-on reliable, cheap, and somewhat accurate IF you can shoot them accurately.

Cons : The trigger is the worst out of ANY semi-auto pistol I've felt, they feel cheap and "toy like" in the hand, they have a proprietary rail system, they're ugly.

Decision : Save your money and buy a Sig, an XD, an M&P, a Glock, or even a Taurus, you'll be happier.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Other than its trigger, nothing bad about it. Decent in reliable and accuracy, but that trigger is worse than hi point.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wonder if one can swap a glock's trigger and put on a sigma...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Has anybody searched for trigger replacements, after markets?
I emailed S&W and they currently aren't offering anything. I also asked if Glock's trigger bars are interchangeable and didn't get an answer - I'm thinking they're not.

However: I have found a great reference for a "trigger job" that only involved removing 2 springs. Essentially, on the striker retaining mechanism, there are 3 springs designed to make the trigger pull on the Sigma heavy (on purpose - for LE purposes, I guess). You can remove 2 of the 3 springs and the trigger will be MUCH lighter (as professed by those that have done it) without affecting reliability (I will need to verify this over several hundred rounds before I can attest to this first hand).

Here's the link:

Gun experts....help searching - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

I am going to try this: have all the necessary punches, etc. just haven't had the time. I will post up my results in a separate thread when I can.

joe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts