Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my XD 40 and I wanted to put on some trijicon HD night sights.
I have seen a lot of people saying they are a pain the @$$ to remove the stock ones and install the new ones.

Anyone know what tools I would need or are there any instructional videos anyone has on this job?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I just got my XD 40 and I wanted to put on some trijicon HD night sights.
I have seen a lot of people saying they are a pain the @$$ to remove the stock ones and install the new ones.

Anyone know what tools I would need or are there any instructional videos anyone has on this job?

Thanks!
Aw, just get ya a punch and a BFH and wail away. :D

Seriously, if you have never done this before get an experienced gunsmith to do it. Even they have problems but at least you haven't ruined your slide or sights. As far as a tool, it takes a sight pusher that sometimes cost more than the sights.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
How about that guy James that's on this site? He seems to be a well respected Trijicon expert.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

+ 1

also, 600th post :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Without a doubt you'll be glad you went to James at www.xd-hs2000.com

He installed a set of Big Dots for me - couldn't have been a better deal. I haven't read a single negative review. I think his installation is free if you buy the sights from him or $20 if you provide the sights. It'll cost you between $5 and $10 to ship the slide to him in a Priority box.

ETA: he's a forum sponsor. That means he has to pay for his exposure to us. We should do our best to support him in return. Pretty cool how it works, huh!

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
How much does James charge for the job?

I just got quoted by a local gun smith who has done the job for $40.00
Check the site out that XDefense posted below.

Without a doubt you'll be glad you went to James at www.xd-hs2000.com

He installed a set of Big Dots for me - couldn't have been a better deal. I haven't read a single negative review. I think his installation is free if you buy the sights from him or $20 if you provide the sights. It'll cost you between $5 and $10 to ship the slide to him in a Priority box.

ETA: he's a forum sponsor. That means he has to pay for his exposure to us. We should do our best to support him in return. Pretty cool how it works, huh!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, thanks guys.

I will definitely be sending my slide over to James soon, once I have some extra cash to throw away. I wanna take XD to the range first ahaha.

James has a great price $120 for the HD's and free installation dont think anyone can beat that. and apparently everyone swears by his work so I will not be nervous.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I sent James the slide to my XD9 on 8/23. I ordered the orange fronts. Will let you know my impressions when it comes back.

Thanks for the notice im really curious about how they look.

PLease take some pics for me! This is exaclty what i want on my XD 40.

The Trijicon HD with an Orange front sight. Let me know how it goes!

You should be getting it back soon hopefully!

·
Banned
1,155 Posts
Yea, thanks guys.

I will definitely be sending my slide over to James soon, once I have some extra cash to throw away. I wanna take XD to the range first ahaha.

James has a great price $120 for the HD's and free installation dont think anyone can beat that. and apparently everyone swears by his work so I will not be nervous.

Remeber to post some pics up and a review omce you got them on and fire the weapon.

Also, are you looking at the green rear and orange front?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remeber to post some pics up and a review omce you got them on and fire the weapon.

Also, are you looking at the green rear and orange front?
Yea thats what im looking for.
I think for the Trijicon HD's they are only available in green/yellow(front) or green/orange(front). I think I want that orange. Give the gun a Halloween look :D I love Halloween ahahha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts