Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a XDS 45 for my carry, finally got to the range this past weekend and couldn't hit the targets to save my life. Went through 3 mags and hit the targets 3 times, even let my 15 year old run 3 mags and he had the same problem. Tried my other pistols (XDM45, Ruger 9mm) and had no trouble dropping targets. Do I need to take the gun to a shop to fix the sights so I don't mess them up? Or does someone know of a easy fix to this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
68 Posts
More info? What handed shooter, where are u missing, low left, low right? How far away is the target? May just need to get used to the new gun....wether ur a good shot with others or not.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Running a XDS 45 for my carry, finally got to the range this past weekend and couldn't hit the targets to save my life. Went through 3 mags and hit the targets 3 times, even let my 15 year old run 3 mags and he had the same problem. Tried my other pistols (XDM45, Ruger 9mm) and had no trouble dropping targets. Do I need to take the gun to a shop to fix the sights so I don't mess them up? Or does someone know of a easy fix to this?

Thanks in advance
Shoot it from a bench rest to see if its the gun or you.
Don

·
Registered
31 Posts
Shot a friend’s xds45 and it took me a few shots to get used to the skinny grip. Shots were left and right because of my sloppy grip and it flopping around. After that I was surprised how well that little sucker shot.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Never handled an XD-s as they are outlawed in CA. But my experience with the Shield was that due to the thin grips, the gun kept shifting in my hand while shooting. Only way I could stay on target was if I adjusted my grip after every shot. It eventually got sold in favor of an XD9.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it’s too small for your grip, try the extended magazine.
Use a large paper target so you can see where you’re hitting. If you’re left or right you can adjust the sights. If you’re too high or low you need a new front sight.
Check to make sure your sights aren’t loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts