Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into upgrading the sights on my XD. I own a Glock 23 and really like the sight picture i get using the Trijicon Night Sights. Does anyone else have these sights on your gun? How do you like them? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Oz

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't complete decided which sight to get. I wish i could see a SC with the fiber sights on it. Anyway, thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, that is just what i needed to see...the top view. Those are really nice. As i've stated before i'm new to the XD scene...that said, how hard is it to replace the factory sights with these.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You cant go wrong with Tru Glo's or Trijicons. I personally prefer the Tru Glo's. Probably the easiest thing to do is go to a local shop that has them in stock and have them repace the sights. My shop does it for free. Or, you could always pick a sponsor on the board and send your XD off.

Hey RT, are your XD's hard to fire with the wrenches in there, or is that some sort of rapid fire device? :wink:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Dustin98SS said:
You cant go wrong with Tru Glo's or Trijicons. I personally prefer the Tru Glo's. Probably the easiest thing to do is go to a local shop that has them in stock and have them repace the sights. My shop does it for free. Or, you could always pick a sponsor on the board and send your XD off.

Hey RT, are your XD's hard to fire with the wrenches in there, or is that some sort of rapid fire device? :wink:
Yeah thats so I can shoot all three at once :lol: .
I tried and put one set on myself :shock: the front is a real bear to get off :cry: I pay to have them put on but Ajames installs all the sights he sells for free if you send him the slide
Thats hs-xd.com

·
Registered
539 Posts
i just got some trijicons put on my service model and i like it. I'm glad i got em. I hear really good things about the tfo's though.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I'd like to offer an alternative to standard Tru-Glo or night sights. I thought I wouldnt like them, but after using them I really, really am impressed:

XS Big Dot sights, some of the fastest sights around, if you plan on using your gun for defensive purposes, I'd put them first over all other sights.

Anyway, just food for thought, some people don't like them, but they are a good alternative.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
nightraider said:
I'd like to offer an alternative to standard Tru-Glo or night sights. I thought I wouldnt like them, but after using them I really, really am impressed:

XS Big Dot sights, some of the fastest sights around, if you plan on using your gun for defensive purposes, I'd put them first over all other sights.

Anyway, just food for thought, some people don't like them, but they are a good alternative.
I like the idea of dot the I but have herd they will cover a 8" plate at 20 yards great for defense but that about it

·
Registered
209 Posts
nightraider said:

+1 for the XS Big Dots. I got a set with a used XD-9 Service pistol I purchased over the summer and initally hated them. But after practicing with them a bit, I am convinced they are the best sights around for defensive purposes. You get an amazingly fast sight picture with them. I ended up moving the XS sights to my XD SC and putting 3-dot sights on the XD Service (I use the service for IDPA and range shooting, where longer range accuracy is the key.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts